Surinder Singh Route Shenanigans

Old May 29th 2014, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Balloonysaintjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Surinder Singh Route Shenanigans

last Friday my wife went up to the visa centre in Madrid and submitted her EEA Family Permit application form. She was given a tracking number but when she went to check online the sections for attending an interview, submitting the application form and forwarding it to the UK, hadn't even been updated. Which is making us wonder what foes on. Has anyone else had any issues with the visa centre in Madrid. Do they eventually get their act together. All they need to do is forward the application and support documents to the UK.
Old May 29th 2014, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Re: Surinder Singh Route Shenanigans

We applied on Wednesday at the visa centre in Beijing and my civil partner was told that the system was now not able to provide updates and that he had to pay 15RMB (About 1.50GBP) to receive email/SMS updates.

Not sure if your experience might confirm that the fact that application status can't be viewed online?

Out of interest: what kind of work were you able to find in Spain?
Old May 29th 2014, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

At the visa centre in Madrid there was no word about extra payment to receive text messages. But thanks anyway. I taught English as a Foreign language in South Korea ten year,and I found a job doing the same here in Spain. I get paid around a quarter of what I used to earn in Korea, but needs must.
Old May 29th 2014, 2:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry too much. UKVI are obliged to process EEA Family Permits in a timely fashion. Providing your Surinder Singhing is sound you should get it by the end of next week.
Old May 29th 2014, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Seems quite quick in Spain: 99% of applications are processed in 10 days. However, in Beijing it takes longer with only 66% being made within 15 days.

I'm worried that they will delay on mine. I really want to get it in hand ASAP - then we'll be able to relax.

I've been teaching in China for a while now and earning quite a pretty penny...had looked at Spain before and was really surprised at how low the salaries were! Asia is definitely the right place to make ESL $$$.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Fair Lady is just really niceFair Lady is just really niceFair Lady is just really niceFair Lady is just really niceFair Lady is just really niceFair Lady is just really niceFair Lady is just really niceFair Lady is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I wouldn't worry too much. UKVI are obliged to process EEA Family Permits in a timely fashion. Providing your Surinder Singhing is sound you should get it by the end of next week.
That seems so quick to me. Is it the same with most EU countries? What about Italy, anyone go there for the SS route?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

You can check UK visa processing times by yourself here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my pleas for advice. Yesterday my wife receiced her EEA Family Permit through the post. I came out to Spain last July for a job interview, and my wife and daughter flying from South Korea to meet me soon after. So it's been about eleven months, tough at times with the language barrier and finances, but finally it's done. I wish everyone else in a similar situation the best of luck.
P.S Ciaoclive, the lifestyle in Spain very agreeable, but you're right about the money.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Super! That was quite quick. Congrats.

Still no news about ours just yet...fingers crossed!