Surinder Singh route help

Old Sep 10th 2015, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Kevinsolis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Surinder Singh route help

My Scottish girlfriend and I(a yank) want to get married here in America then she will go back to Scotland. From there we want to follow the surinder Singh route. I know she has to be working and living in another eea country. She is thinking of Ireland. What I want to know is: what visa do I need to apply for to start this? Does she need to be in Ireland first or can I go with her from the UK? Once we both are there and have stayed a while, what visa do I need to apply for to get back into the UK so I can stay there to live? Will I be able to work? Are there any major finincial requirements or any financial requirement?
Old Sep 14th 2015, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surinder Singh route help

For Surinder Singh route via Ireland, your Scottish wife will need to exercise EU treaty right (for example studying or working) in Ireland. You and your wife's 'centre of life' should be in Ireland for a period of time. The link below is a good start for getting an Irish EEA family permit -

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens

The UK's government notes on Surinder Singh -

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh