Surinder Singh Route

Old Sep 7th 2017, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

helpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to all
Default Surinder Singh Route

If anyone recently used the Surinder Singh route to move back to the UK, do you mind providing a list of the documents you submitted? We've been living in the EU for over 3 years, so plenty of docs showing integration etc but i'm wondering how to prove I was self sufficient during that time (stay at home mum) - would husbands income/savings plus some UK rental income be enough? I've read through some blogs about vaguely what to include but info from someone who has actually done it would be so helpful. Thanks!
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surinder Singh Route

Originally Posted by helpmeplease123
If anyone recently used the Surinder Singh route to move back to the UK, do you mind providing a list of the documents you submitted? We've been living in the EU for over 3 years, so plenty of docs showing integration etc but i'm wondering how to prove I was self sufficient during that time (stay at home mum) - would husbands income/savings plus some UK rental income be enough? I've read through some blogs about vaguely what to include but info from someone who has actually done it would be so helpful. Thanks!

There is a large thread on the SS route- I am not up to speed on this but other poster's are and will hopefully respond.

britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/my-experience-going-surinder-singh-route-so-far-804420/page88/

Also have you read the Wiki link at top of this forum section.. here it is

Surinder Singh : British Expat Wiki
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helpmeplease123
Have a read at the link below to start with -

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

helpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to all

Thanks so much for the responses! The self sufficiency rule seems relatively new because it's not featured in the wiki and I couldn't find any info on that thread either unfortunately. I'm very glad they made the change though!