British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Surinder Singh Help - Received Code 1A Stamp (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/surinder-singh-help-received-code-1a-stamp-925312/)

Ladymetis May 28th 2019 8:36 pm

Surinder Singh Help - Received Code 1A Stamp

We've just had a successful encounter with border patrol on our Surinder Singh journey, and my husband and children were given stamps in their passports that read
"Admitted to the United Kingdom under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016" and then below that box is another box that lists the date, the immigration officer number, and the city in which we arrived.

I'm so glad we made it this far, but I'm very confused on what next steps are as I've been reading a lot of conflicting information, and even the border agent didn't seem very clear on the process (not that I expected her to be, really).

The border agent said even though there's no date on the stamp, that it only allows my husband and kids 3 months in the country, and that we need to use that time to apply online for permission for them to stay beyond that 3 months.
I asked if the application she was referring to was the EEA Family permit or a residence card and she said "Yes. It's the same thing."

I've come across very varying reports and information in my research, so I'm hoping the brilliant BIP or someone else with a better understanding and familiarity with this process than I have can help me.
What exactly do we do next?

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who takes time out of their busy lives to advise. We couldn't have made it this far without you.

BritInParis May 28th 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Help - Received Code 1A Stamp

You can apply for their residence cards here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

Chloe93 Jun 1st 2019 3:40 am

Re: Surinder Singh Help - Received Code 1A Stamp

Originally Posted by Ladymetis (Post 12690505)
We've just had a successful encounter with border patrol on our Surinder Singh journey, and my husband and children were given stamps in their passports that read
"Admitted to the United Kingdom under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016" and then below that box is another box that lists the date, the immigration officer number, and the city in which we arrived.

I'm so glad we made it this far, but I'm very confused on what next steps are as I've been reading a lot of conflicting information, and even the border agent didn't seem very clear on the process (not that I expected her to be, really).

The border agent said even though there's no date on the stamp, that it only allows my husband and kids 3 months in the country, and that we need to use that time to apply online for permission for them to stay beyond that 3 months.
I asked if the application she was referring to was the EEA Family permit or a residence card and she said "Yes. It's the same thing."

I've come across very varying reports and information in my research, so I'm hoping the brilliant BIP or someone else with a better understanding and familiarity with this process than I have can help me.
What exactly do we do next?

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who takes time out of their busy lives to advise. We couldn't have made it this far without you.

Hello Ladymetis,
So glad to hear about your experience. I’m also planing to go back next year through Surinder singh and was wondering if you didn’t apply EEA family permit for your husband before you enter to the UK? That means you just came to UK with your husband and daugter and got the stemp? I believe family permit allows you to stay in England for six months and you have to apply for family resident card within six months. So the next step for you is to apply for family resident card within thres months then?

Question. How did you do treaty right in EU country? Did you work? I’ll also appriciate if you share your experience as I’m also preparing to do so!

Thanks!