British Expats

British Expats (
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (
-   -   Sure Start Maternity Grant - Spouse Visa Public Funds (

mavaas11 Aug 21st 2021 6:16 pm

Sure Start Maternity Grant - Spouse Visa Public Funds

My wife is here on a spouse visa - leave to enter. She has a no recourse to public funds requirement.
My wife is expecting a baby in October 2021. It states in the guidance that the sure start maternity grant is a public fund.

I'm in receipt of Universal Credit. and I believe as a sponsor (I'm male) I meet the conditions for the sure start grant. For example I receive universal credit, and this will be the only baby in the house, and no children under 16 etc.

How should we apply as my wife is not allowed to take public funds. It asks for mine and my partners name. I don't want to get refused for future applications by taking public funds for my wife, so how do I apply.

All replies are welcome.

Thanks for your help :)

All times are GMT. The time now is 9:47 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.