Supporting Documents - where to send?

Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:47 am
Just Joined

meganvwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting Documents - where to send?

Hi All,

New to this forum... have seen a lot of helpful people posting, so hoping I can find some help on our issue/question!

My husband is American, I am British. Lived in America for past 14 years and moving to England. We applied online for his visa, and he had his biometric appointment today. On his application confirmation letter, it stated to take all supporting documentation. He said they didn't even look through it during the appointment. They also didn't tell him what to do next, just that he would get some kind of notification.

However... I feel like the documents need to be sent, but for the life of me I don't know where!!! I feel like i have gone round and round in circles on different websites... it's a mess! I have seen some posts that say Sheffield... but where are you finding this information? What is the address? Ugh... stressed is not the word. I remember going through this 14 years ago to get my K1 Fiance Visa from the UK to the US. I figured after that long the governments would have their act together with providing clear and concise information.

Anyway, can anyone point me to a website, or information on how I know when and where to mail the supporting documents to? Thank you so much for any guidance you can provide!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Re: Supporting Documents - where to send?

Exactly what visa did you apply for?
Spouse visa?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Hi, sorry, yes. A settlement spousal visa for my American husband.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

You send it to Sheffield:
International Operations & Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield S3 8NH
England

I least I hope you do....cause that is where I just sent mine!!

And don't forget to send a return payed envelope for you stuff to be sent back.

And don't forget to include your biometrics receipt.

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Hi Nigel, thanks so much for providing that!!!

I am curious... where did you get the address from? How did you know where to send it? For the life of me I can't find that information anywhere on any of the sites I checked. I feel like I have been going round and round in circles on website hell trying to find info.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Originally Posted by meganvwalker
Hi Nigel, thanks so much for providing that!!!

I am curious... where did you get the address from? How did you know where to send it? For the life of me I can't find that information anywhere on any of the sites I checked. I feel like I have been going round and round in circles on website hell trying to find info.
Not really sure to be honest.....it was either somewhere on here or on the UKgov website. I am getting worried now....hope it was the right address....I fedex it on Monday.....fedex are reporting it was delivered yesterday but not had any email from the visa office.

It is all very difficult to get right...I know the new online form says to send it to New York....but I read on here that is no longer the case.

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ncoomber
Not really sure to be honest.....it was either somewhere on here or on the UKgov website. I am getting worried now....hope it was the right address....I fedex it on Monday.....fedex are reporting it was delivered yesterday but not had any email from the visa office.

It is all very difficult to get right...I know the new online form says to send it to New York....but I read on here that is no longer the case.

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Awesome... thanks for the info... yes it does seem like a lot has changed recently and the new website for the online application states it's in BETA which doesn't really inspire much confidence...
Old Apr 10th 2014, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Seems like every potential helpful link I find redirects to this link:
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

It's like they don't want people to get the information needed... ok, thanks... final rant over.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

I just spent half an hour looking around uk.gov website for the address and instructions and cant find anything. I am sure it use to be there?

I googled 'UK settlement visa address Sheffield' and got this link from last year from an other forum:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/bri...ffield-ny.html
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

I just spent half an hour looking around uk.gov website for the address and instructions and cant find anything. I am sure it use to be there?

I googled 'UK settlement visa address Sheffield' and got this link from last year from an other forum:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/bri...ffield-ny.html
Thanks so much Nigel! I found that on March 31st, the priority service changed from WorldBridge Service to VFS Global. This is from the WorldBridge site:

The commercial partnership between WorldBridge Service and the United Kingdom Government (UK Visas and Immigration) expires on 31 March 2014. Call centre and email enquiry services are currently being terminated. Please visit the new commercial partner websites indicated below for the new service provision from 01 April 2014.

This is a link to the new company: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/global/

Just crap timing on our part for sending our application!!!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Sheffield is the right place to send it.

If you want confirmation of the actual address in Sheffield www.uk-yankee will be able to confirm that. UKBA seem to have a new site that is confusing everyone.

Last edited by formula; Apr 10th 2014 at 2:21 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by formula
Sheffield is the right place to send it.

If you want confirmation of the actual address in Sheffield www.uk-yankee will be able to confirm that. UKBA seem to have a new site that is confusing everyone.
Thanks Nigel... sorry... one last question. What service did you use to send it? FedEx? Some other kind of expedited shipping?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meganvwalker
Thanks Nigel... sorry... one last question. What service did you use to send it? FedEx? Some other kind of expedited shipping?
Hi Megan,
Yes. I was told by them to sign up for an account online first. You get an account number. Then I just included an FedEx envelope in my package along with one of their forms filled out using my new account number.
Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 10th 2014, 9:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

To be a pedant the address is:

Home Office
Vulcan House
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU
UNITED KINGDOM