Supporting documents - is there a limit?

Old Mar 12th 2016, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Bakerboy1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting documents - is there a limit?

Hi,
We are applying for a UK Settlement Visa for our child from outside the UK. We have our appointment at TLS in a few days. We have prepared the supporting documents. They have been carefully explained and organised into 2 'spring files', one for our original documents and one with the documents they can keep.
Is there a limit on the amount of documents you can submit? And, is there a size restriction? i.e. will my spring files fit in the envelope the TLS pack the documents into?
(The spring files are 35cm long and 26cm wide.)
Thank you.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

The Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting documents - is there a limit?

I don't believe that there is any limit to what you submit, but a word of advice - take everything out of your binders. When my wife and I went to submit our application, we just had two piles of documents, originals and copies, but nothing was stapled, clipped or filed....and just as well. When my wife's turn came, the official at the counter basically went through everything and sorted it herself into separate bundles, in her own order. If we had had everything already filed, it would have made the whole process even longer (and might have irritated the person opposite!!!). Best of luck anyway.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 11:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting documents - is there a limit?

To echo the previous post don't staple, clip or put documents into plastic sleeves otherwise some poor sod at the other end will have to undo it all.