Supporting Documents

Old Oct 23rd 2016, 12:03 am
Just Joined

HALG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting Documents

We have submitted my husbands online application. He will be attending his Biometrics appointment next week, where he will hand over the supporting documents.

We are applying for his visa under financial requirement Category B

We plan to submit the following....

* print out of online application
* completed appendix 2
* passport size photo
* hubby's current (and previous) Australian passport
* copy of my UK passport
* copy of sons UK passport
* our marriage certificate
* 12 months of my payslips, and corresponding (joint) bank statements
* letter from my parents confirming we will live with them until we find our own home in UK
* a recent photograph of our family

Have we missed anything??

Areas I am doubting -

Photographs: I plan to include one, just for context. But is it beneficial to include a series of photos?? We meet the financial requirement and are married for 5 years. Would futher photos be necessary??

Living apart: For the past 8 years we have lived together in Australia. In May this year, we travelled to UK so that I could look for work in order to satisfy the financial requirement. My husband stayed with us in the UK (we lived with my parents) while I looked for work and our son settled into the new environment. After 3 months, due to his work commitments, My husband was required to return to Australia in July. We have been apart since then. We are constantly in touch, via whatsapp and Facetime several times a day. Will we need to prove how we have kept in touch during this time apart?? What evidence could we provide?

Any thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting Documents

We included about 10 photos of our married life over the 15 years. I would show you have been in touch with records. Also in your letter state why you are apart.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Just to start with, you need to provide much more information on your accommodation, in particular property deeds, originals of council tax and utility bills and photos of all rooms.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by feelbritish
We included about 10 photos of our married life over the 15 years. I would show you have been in touch with records. Also in your letter state why you are apart.
Thanks for the reply. I will get a range of photos together and include them. With regards to the letter you mention, who should write this? The sponsor or applicant?
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Just to start with, you need to provide much more information on your accommodation, in particular property deeds, originals of council tax and utility bills and photos of all rooms.

Thanks for the reply. We will be staying with my parents hence there are no deeds, utilities etc in our names. My mum has written to confirm we will stay with them. In regards to photographs of each room, could you please advise your source for this requirement? I have not heard of this before.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HALG
Thanks for the reply. We will be staying with my parents hence there are no deeds, utilities etc in our names. My mum has written to confirm we will stay with them. In regards to photographs of each room, could you please advise your source for this requirement? I have not heard of this before.
My mother's house was our accommodation address, but we still provided all these documents in her name. As for the photos, this seems to be what everybody else I spoke to did.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute

My memory of it is vague but I also provided a copy of my Mother's title deed, and information / photographs regarding rooms in the house, and how we'd be accommodated within it.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

If you are sharing, the concern is that there may be overcrowding. Some forums suggest a property inspection report. Others suggest photos.
As well as the letter from your mother, you can include the deeds (£3 online from Land Registry) and a utility bill in her name.
When we applied, we each wrote a letter but I believe the sponsor's letter is most important.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HALG
Thanks for the reply. I will get a range of photos together and include them. With regards to the letter you mention, who should write this? The sponsor or applicant?
We both included a cover letter of just 1 page detailing our plans. OH saying he was sponsoring me.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for your responses. Hubby is now en route to the embassy in Melbourne. He has all the paperwork we prepared. Plus extra based on your advice!

Fingers crossed xx
Old Oct 25th 2016, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!