Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Supporting docs to speed up passport app for child born overseas

Wikiposts

Supporting docs to speed up passport app for child born overseas

Old Jun 12th 2014, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future
Default Supporting docs to speed up passport app for child born overseas

Having read about people being requested to send in extra documentation from HMPO what do you think could help speed up the security checks? What i have so far.

1. Babys bc (Written in both Chinese and English except for mothers name what is in Chinese)
2. Fathers UK bc
3.Fathers British passport (copy of bio page as needed actual passport to keep in person in China) and copy of current visa
4. Mothers passport (Chinese). Mother has no bc as born at home
5. Countersignatures copy of passport bio page
6. Former HM Forces Army number added in extra info page (extra security check)
7, Chinese police registration certificate. (Not translated or notarized but has english for the entry fields for my details but address etc written in chinese)
8, Copy (or can send original) of fathers past UK passport and ETD (both cancelled)

Thats all i have. Do you think there is anything else i could add (doubt i have anything else)

Cheers

Last edited by johno5175; Jun 12th 2014 at 5:18 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 11:55 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting docs to speed up passport app for child born overseas

Alright Fella,

I think you went crazy there lol!

All i sent off was his consular birth Certificate with a photocopy of my passport.

That's all they told me to send because it's proof i am British citizen and his claim to citizenship. (don't need to add my birth certificate) or other useless bollocks.

the supporting documents can be a lot... but if you have a 'Consular' Paper. that's all that's needed.

Even website says it.

And you won't need to send any Chinese documentation... don't even need to send them his 'Chinese birth certificate' because this has nothing to do with the Chinese law etc. - Remember that.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Alright Fella,

I think you went crazy there lol!

All i sent off was his consular birth Certificate with a photocopy of my passport.

That's all they told me to send because it's proof i am British citizen and his claim to citizenship. (don't need to add my birth certificate) or other useless bollocks.

the supporting documents can be a lot... but if you have a 'Consular' Paper. that's all that's needed.

Even website says it.

And you won't need to send any Chinese documentation... don't even need to send them his 'Chinese birth certificate' because this has nothing to do with the Chinese law etc. - Remember that.
Alright mate...
I didnt get the consular birth certificate yet as i dont have my divorce papers from years ago. To get them will take about a month not including transit time. i shoulda ordered them really as it took 6 weeks and 3 attempts to get my bc sent through. So i just sending all the stuff that would of got used to get the consular bc plus a wee bit more but of course minus the divorce papers.

So as no consular bc yet (i am in a rush to get the passport as need to get the little ones health insurance for here, pop home with her to meet the family, make her Q visa for China then head back for a bit. While in the UK i can get the divorce papers in a day from London and fly back with it all. Then get the consular bc.... Wrong way round i know but dont have much choice at the mo.

Last edited by johno5175; Jun 13th 2014 at 1:29 am.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:29 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
Alright mate...
I didnt get the consular birth certificate yet as i dont have my divorce papers from years ago. To get them will take about a month not including transit time. i shoulda ordered them really as it took 6 weeks and 3 attempts to get my bc sent through. So i just sending all the stuff that would of got used to get the consular bc plus a wee bit more.

So as no consular bc yet (i am in a rush to get the passport as need to get the little ones health insurance for here, pop home with her to meet the family, make her Q visa for China then head back for a bit. While in the UK i can get the divorce papers in a day from London and fly back with it all. Then get the consular bc.... Wrong way round i know but dont have much choice at the mo.
Ahh, i understand ya m8, pain in the ass ain't it?

for me i just applied his CONSULAR BC, then sent off passport!

if only UK was closer to china.. you could of popped over then come back, but it's an 11 hour flight from beijing... i plan (well if i get his passport) plan to leave this August (simply because i've had enough) of this place, and worry about my sons future, don't want him to be native Chinese (wife agrees lol)

You'll be fine dude, that list you mention is more than enough - and if it isnt? then what do they require ? 'A drop of blood?' dear dear.. lol

By the way... it only just spring to mind... few months back i did meet a fella called 'john' around 40? in the british embassy lol was it you? it was Feb 17th
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Ahh, i understand ya m8, pain in the ass ain't it?

for me i just applied his CONSULAR BC, then sent off passport!

if only UK was closer to china.. you could of popped over then come back, but it's an 11 hour flight from beijing... i plan (well if i get his passport) plan to leave this August (simply because i've had enough) of this place, and worry about my sons future, don't want him to be native Chinese (wife agrees lol)

You'll be fine dude, that list you mention is more than enough - and if it isnt? then what do they require ? 'A drop of blood?' dear dear.. lol

By the way... it only just spring to mind... few months back i did meet a fella called 'john' around 40? in the british embassy lol was it you? it was Feb 17th
lol nah, i was in the Philippines then sunning it up on a lovely 3 week break. Ever been? Flights cheap from HK. Cost about 800 RMB per person return with air asia.

Back on topic lol..... Yea so thats why i am sending off all that stuff. Dont want them sending a letter via snail mail back to here asking for some crp. Oh i forgot i am going to add to that list a written letter stating i am the father and have parental responsibility as they asked you to send it through if i am not mistaken.

Pain in the behind but better to be safe than sorry. If only i had that damn divorce certificate. I have had enough here too but i want to save a bit of cash to go move back to the Netherlands where i worked before as the standard of life is very good and anythings better than China to raise a kid. Also have family who moved there so can be close to them. Not taking the other half to live in UK as too much hassle. I can get her into any other EU country in a heartbeat but not UK. Although we are not married so that also makes a difference. Lastly i only work a saturday here and make more than a weeks salary back home so stay here i must to save some cash for the move.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:44 am
Looking Around~

Nah never been lol,

Yea, they asked me for it.. bizarre! they're just 'stalling' for time no doubt, (trying to keep me sweet) daft twats... anyway! yea I've had enough I've saved a bit! so when i'm home get my self a decent house and all the appliances n bollocks lol, as for my wife? Christ she'll be stuck in china sorting other shit out, (while i sort the uk stuff out with my boy)

And you only work a Saturday? one day a week? lol im breaking my back Monday-Friday man (and no im not teaching English) lol
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Nah never been lol,

Yea, they asked me for it.. bizarre! they're just 'stalling' for time no doubt, (trying to keep me sweet) daft twats... anyway! yea I've had enough I've saved a bit! so when i'm home get my self a decent house and all the appliances n bollocks lol, as for my wife? Christ she'll be stuck in china sorting other shit out, (while i sort the uk stuff out with my boy)

And you only work a Saturday? one day a week? lol im breaking my back Monday-Friday man (and no im not teaching English) lol
Lol.. i actually am teaching but from home. 8 hours saturday with about 50 kids all together. Nice little earner. Rest days relaxing blowing stuff up on battlefield 4 and changing nappys. What u doing for work there?
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:55 am
Looking Around~

Some nasty office bollocks shite,

but get over 2 Grand a month so it's not all bad.

Moslty dealing with web applications and software, and english support.

50 kids in ya home? jesus must be 'LOUD' how did you get that setup? lol
Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Some nasty office bollocks shite,

but get over 2 Grand a month so it's not all bad.

Moslty dealing with web applications and software, and english support.

50 kids in ya home? jesus must be 'LOUD' how did you get that setup? lol
Dont envy you. Not into the office way of life but least you getting good money. I get roughly the same amount minus a little.

Was lucky really. Did the teaching English in a training center thing then after left one of the students moms called up my gf to ask her if i would carry on teaching her daughter and a few of her classmates. Anyway the other parents recommended other students and the classes grew from there. Nice to work at home. Shame haven't saved any cash yet as we took a loan out to do a bit of traveling and that has swallowed most my cash (and the credit card). We slowly paying back and will be finished in a few months. Then can save for the exit. Should be outa here in Oct. Fingers crossed

Edit to say the place is mental on a saturday lol
Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:17 am
Looking Around~

Same man... im not an office guy! but money is alright!

In uk i worked for the good old 'ROYAL MAIL' lol or a worksite, not into office shite at all hate it man.. but labour work in china pays BAD so not going down that route, and they don't speak English lol

you're lucky teaching at home! just make sure the old bill don't come knocking at ya door!

Hang in there fella get the passport!!
Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Same man... im not an office guy! but money is alright!

In uk i worked for the good old 'ROYAL MAIL' lol or a worksite, not into office shite at all hate it man.. but labour work in china pays BAD so not going down that route, and they don't speak English lol

you're lucky teaching at home! just make sure the old bill don't come knocking at ya door!

Hang in there fella get the passport!!
Yea cheers lol. i only have military and security training so not much work out here for me. Your money is good for what you doing so you are lucky. Anyway the auntys have all the lucky jobs labouring over here so your skills are not needed lol,

With regards to the passport i will give it 12 weeks before i kick off. The new measures have been plastered up about what they will do to ease the crisis they deny is happening. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...assport-demand