Submitting supporting documents

Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

jus001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Submitting supporting documents

Hi,

My wife and I are going through the process of applying for a UK spouse visa for her (I am a British national and she is a Chinese national).

She has filled in the application, everything has been paid and she has booked an appointment (in China) for the interview in a few days time.

I will be acting as her sponsor and will be meeting the financial requirements for us both and as such I understand I will have to fill in the VAF4A Appendix 2 form and provide a whole raft of supporting documents.

It is a little unclear however as to how and when and to whom these should be submitted. Do they have to be submitted at the interview? Or can I submit them somehow in the UK?

I can send scans etc. of everything which she can print and take with her but I'm guessing they will want to see original documents?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Many thanks,

J
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Submitting supporting documents

I forgot to say, the application was submitted online.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

This looks like the way to go.

UK Visa Information - China - How To Apply

From 10 February 2017 all documents submitted by customers applying in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou for standard/priority Tier 1, 2 and 5 visas, standard Tier 4 applications and standard Settlement visas will be scanned at the Visa Application Centre and sent electronically to UKVI. The new process will be followed on 17 February 2017 in Shenyang, Xi’an, Fuzhou, Changsha, Chengdu, Nanjing, Hangzhou, and on 24 February 2017 in Wuhan, Jinan, Shenzhen, Chongqing, Kunming.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks!

Do you know if I'm able to send it directly to the UKVI here in the UK instead? Seems crazy to have to scan 12 months of bank statements etc. email to China and print them out just so they can scan them and send them back to the UK!

Would they also be expecting the originals?
Old Feb 28th 2017, 8:29 am
Just Joined

It does say photocopies would be accepted but the list of rules and regulations on the gov.uk website says they must be originals. It's very confusing!
Old Feb 28th 2017, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jus001
Thanks!

Do you know if I'm able to send it directly to the UKVI here in the UK instead? Seems crazy to have to scan 12 months of bank statements etc. email to China and print them out just so they can scan them and send them back to the UK!

Would they also be expecting the originals?
Sorry, don't know.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

No worries.

I gave the UKVI helpline a call and they don't know the answer either it would seem.

They gave me the info you linked to above but had no idea where the documents ended up after they were scanned.

They also said that they would have to be the originals but then sent me a link to info saying photocopies were also acceptable.
When I queried this all they could say was every visa centre operates differently and they didn't have any further info on the subject.

And they have the cheek to charge £1.37 a minute for this 'help'!