Still waiting for spouse visa

Old Aug 27th 2020, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Turner7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still waiting for spouse visa

Looking for advice please;

I am British my wife is Brazilian, we have a son (British passport holder)

Application documents and biometrics completed: 17th March 2020

It has now been 165 days since the submittal for the spouse visa.

15th June 2020 received a call from the Home Office conducting an interview, asking about my employment and how COVID-19 has affected this (Thankfully it hasn’t)

Attempts to get updates from VFS global are inconclusive and re-direct you to the home office website.

UKVI website are no longer taking calls (Email only at a rate of £5.89, of which I have sent 6)

UKVI reply with a generic email advising that the application is processing.

Member of Parliament has intervened on my behalf, but to be met with the same reply.

VFS or UKVI still have my wife’s passport and it’s whereabouts is unknown, no information on the application itself and no way of contacting any department within the Home Office.

I haven’t seen my family in nearly 6 months (My son is now walking) and there are travel restrictions in Brazil meaning I cannot fly there to visit.

Anyone who has encountered any of the issues above please get in touch, any advice at this point would be appreciated as we’ve been left in the cold.

kind Regards
Luke
Old Aug 27th 2020, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still waiting for spouse visa

Yes, it's a long time and can't help further I'm afraid.

Brazil has been hit hard by Covid 19, been on lockdown for months and most offices closed.

Some threads have said that the HO was looking at March applications in July.....