Still waiting!

Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:29 am
Just Joined

AFox17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still waiting!

Originally Posted by tasneempithawala
I have applied on 21 December and still waiting for a decision.
hi, it's very strange to me as I've been told by some person who makes applications for spouses (that's the only job he does) that all people who applied in December got their positive decisions in May. And normally they receive the decision couple of weeks before the 6 months period. You are waiting longer than 6 months so far.....
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AFox17
hi, it's very strange to me as I've been told by some person who makes applications for spouses (that's the only job he does) that all people who applied in December got their positive decisions in May. And normally they receive the decision couple of weeks before the 6 months period. You are waiting longer than 6 months so far.....
I assume you mean an immigration lawyer? What may be the case for his clients, won't be the case for all unfortunately. It may be that tasneempithawala has complicated circumstances or is from a higher risk country, hence the application taking longer.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:34 am
Just Joined

It seems to me all those who got their positive decisions have successfully got out of this website because of no need))
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, could you please update your current situation? The HO keeps saying that 98% are getting their visas within 3 months, but we haven't meet anyone who did get it in 3 months these days.
Where is the HO saying that? The official timelines page says 24 weeks. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-dec...mily-in-the-uk
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I assume you mean an immigration lawyer? What may be the case for his clients, won't be the case for all unfortunately. It may be that tasneempithawala has complicated circumstances or is from a higher risk country, hence the application taking longer.
He isn't really a lawyer -just fills up the applications, that's all, but he has got lot's of clients.
Where did you get the info about 'high risk' countries please? What does that mean?
We did call the UKVI and asked a question if that matters which country to apply from, and got negative response.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

He isn't really a lawyer -just fills up the applications, that's all, but he has got lot's of clients.
Where did you get the info about 'high risk' countries please? What does that mean?
We did call the UKVI and asked a question if that matters which country to apply from, and got negative response.
OK, so he's an OISC regulated advisor?

High risk i.e. high fraud. Applications are scrutinised more and often take longer.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Where is the HO saying that? The official timelines page says 24 weeks. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-dec...mily-in-the-uk
https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-vi...ocessing-time/ - this is where I found this info and also at some other website:
https://immigrationbarrister.co.uk/u...waiting-times/
Those guys keep updating their info each week.
The HO gives very blurry time frames, although they don't say not less than 24 weeks. They say it MIGHT TAKE up to 24 weeks. There is a difference in it.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:43 am
Just Joined

OK, so he's an OISC regulated advisor?

High risk i.e. high fraud. Applications are scrutinised more and often take longer.
Few people got their visas in three months
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-vi...ocessing-time/ - this is where I found this info and also at some other website:
https://immigrationbarrister.co.uk/u...waiting-times/
Those guys keep updating their info each week.
The HO gives very blurry time frames, although they don't say not less than 24 weeks. They say it MIGHT TAKE up to 24 weeks. There is a difference in it.
OK, neither of those are official, I'd stick with the UK government page personally.

Every country around the world is taking much longer to process visas now. For Canada, it would now be approx 2 years to join a spouse there, and it used to be half that. Remember it's only the majority of applications too, there will always be some that are much quicker or much slower so you can't assume that timeline will definitely apply to your application.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Could you clarify please what is that you call 'high risk countries'?
Thank you.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Could you clarify please what is that you call 'high risk countries'?
Thank you.
See post no. 21 above, I answered that there.

HTH.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:50 am
Just Joined

OK, neither of those are official, I'd stick with the UK government page personally.

Every country around the world is taking much longer to process visas now. For Canada, it would now be approx 2 years to join a spouse there, and it used to be half that. Remember it's only the majority of applications too, there will always be some that are much quicker or much slower so you can't assume that timeline will definitely apply to your application.
Wow.... two years... really? sorry to hear that
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Wow.... two years... really? sorry to hear that
Yep. The UK is a heck of a lot quicker than most other countries, even with these delays.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Glendarino is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied 17th Dec and Bio on 6th Jan. we are still waiting……. After contacting our MP again couple of weeks ago, he said a new email had opened up for MP and case workers escalating cases. Low and behold the next day we get an email but they want more evidence, ie bank statements and photos etc etc. personally I think it’s a stalling tactic. As they had more than enough evidence. Counting all holidays and working days, Wednesday is our 24 week count from Bio I think and I will be contacting again if nothing next couple of days
Old Jun 27th 2022, 9:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Glendarino
Applied 17th Dec and Bio on 6th Jan. we are still waiting……. After contacting our MP again couple of weeks ago, he said a new email had opened up for MP and case workers escalating cases. Low and behold the next day we get an email but they want more evidence, ie bank statements and photos etc etc. personally I think it’s a stalling tactic. As they had more than enough evidence. Counting all holidays and working days, Wednesday is our 24 week count from Bio I think and I will be contacting again if nothing next couple of days
Did you provide the 6 months worth of your bank statements when you applied? And they've asked for them again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.