Still waiting!

Old Apr 6th 2022, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Glendarino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still waiting!

So a couple of weeks back, maybe week 11 of waiting, we received an email saying that they can’t keep to their guidelines of 4 to 12 weeks because of the ongoing Ukraine crisis due to having to pull resources in from various departments etc. Didn’t give an example of how long extra to wait, just the usual ‘we are working as fast and hard as we can’ blah blah blah! Before I pay for email or hang on a phone, has anyone heard how long extra to expect. Or even been granted approval in last couple of weeks? She is applying from Canada if that makes any info help.
Old Apr 6th 2022, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

KamSingh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still waiting!

Hi, We are in the same boat. Been over 13 weeks and I did email them the other day and didn't get much of a timeframe or information.
Old Apr 10th 2022, 1:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The normal processing time is 12 weeks. Given the Ukraine situation expect that to extend to 16-26 weeks.
Old May 2nd 2022, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

tasneempithawala is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I have been waiting since 19 weeks now. And still they give no clear answers. All the best to you guys in your waiting time. Prayers for all!
Old May 11th 2022, 11:56 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty clear it’s going to six months at best for overseas spouse applications this summer so plan accordingly.
Old May 11th 2022, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Pretty clear it’s going to six months at best for overseas spouse applications this summer so plan accordingly.
Tough on those waiting but I'm sure everybody understands the reasons behind the lengthening processing times. Seems to be the case everywhere, Canada is now at about 2 years for spousal visa apps (double what it used to be), other countries are similar.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 11th 2022 at 1:03 pm.
Old May 11th 2022, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

I got an email stating 24 weeks is the new goal.
Old May 17th 2022, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hi, we are in the same situation. I'm British and my husband is Canadian. We submitted his application in March, a day after they stopped the priority service which we were planning on using. We are in a bit of a panic now as we sold our home in February and we have to be out of here on June 28th. My husband has told and already arranged with his company that he is leaving in June as this was our original plan. Since receiving the email saying the processing time is now being extended to six months, we are realising that my husband is now going to have to stay in Canada while I travel to the UK with our children. We made all our plans, renting a home and registering our boys for school all before the changes were made.

We all understand and support the reason for the extended processing times but it is really putting a lot of other families in a horrible situation of having to be separated for an unknown period of time.

Is anyone else in a similar situation of having to be separated for a period of time? This will be the first time our boys will be away from their dad, we have been together for 19 years, married for 7...it'll be strange for all of us.
Old May 20th 2022, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Hi, we are in the same situation. I'm British and my husband is Canadian. We submitted his application in March, a day after they stopped the priority service which we were planning on using. We are in a bit of a panic now as we sold our home in February and we have to be out of here on June 28th. My husband has told and already arranged with his company that he is leaving in June as this was our original plan. Since receiving the email saying the processing time is now being extended to six months, we are realising that my husband is now going to have to stay in Canada while I travel to the UK with our children. We made all our plans, renting a home and registering our boys for school all before the changes were made.

We all understand and support the reason for the extended processing times but it is really putting a lot of other families in a horrible situation of having to be separated for an unknown period of time.

Is anyone else in a similar situation of having to be separated for a period of time? This will be the first time our boys will be away from their dad, we have been together for 19 years, married for 7...it'll be strange for all of us.

get in touch with your local MP in the UK and see if they can help.
Old May 28th 2022, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marigoldfairy
get in touch with your local MP in the UK and see if they can help.
I am in the same boat as you are. I am waiting since December and I don't know how long will I be waiting. I haven't seen my husband in the last 6 months. I tried getting the MP involved a couple of times but of no use. The home office is giving the MP same answers. I do not know what else to do. Kinda in a state of limbo 😞
Old Jun 9th 2022, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

AMANN90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife: British Citizen Living in Canada
Husband: PR in Canada, Indian Citizen

Applied December 9. 2021
That is the day Bio Metrics were submitted.
They began reviewing our file in March ( received a letter)
I emailed homeoffice last week ( paid a small fee)
They have responded stating a decision has been made BUT can not give me the decision. I have been waiting for over a week now for a letter from them.
I emailed again asking the date they made the decision. They basically cannot release that informartion...have now been waiting on edge for over a week knowing the decision is made BUT need to wait for the letter
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:06 am
Just Joined

AFox17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMANN90
Wife: British Citizen Living in Canada
Husband: PR in Canada, Indian Citizen

Applied December 9. 2021
That is the day Bio Metrics were submitted.
They began reviewing our file in March ( received a letter)
I emailed homeoffice last week ( paid a small fee)
They have responded stating a decision has been made BUT can not give me the decision. I have been waiting for over a week now for a letter from them.
I emailed again asking the date they made the decision. They basically cannot release that informartion...have now been waiting on edge for over a week knowing the decision is made BUT need to wait for the letter
Hello, could you just update your info please? Did you eventually get the visa? Thanks)
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:09 am
Just Joined

AFox17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tasneempithawala
I am in the same boat as you are. I am waiting since December and I don't know how long will I be waiting. I haven't seen my husband in the last 6 months. I tried getting the MP involved a couple of times but of no use. The home office is giving the MP same answers. I do not know what else to do. Kinda in a state of limbo 😞
Hello, could you please update your current situation? The HO keeps saying that 98% are getting their visas within 3 months, but we haven't meet anyone who did get it in 3 months these days.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:24 am
Just Joined

I have applied on 21 December and still waiting for a decision.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:29 am
Just Joined

AMANN90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AFox17
Hello, could you just update your info please? Did you eventually get the visa? Thanks)

still waiting
never received anything . On June 25th we were told to wait another 15 days , as they have escalated the matter. Not sure what there is to escalate just send us the decision that has been sitting there for over a month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.