Step Child to come to UK later than Parent

Old May 18th 2015, 9:36 am
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Step Child to come to UK later than Parent

I am a British citizen married to a non EU or EEA National. My husband has a daughter whom wants to accompany us to the UK and her Mother has agreed in principal.

We think it would be better to establish ourselves in an area of the UK after securing jobs and the child join us later so she doesn't have to jump from school to school. Has anyone made a settlement visa application for a child of their non EU spouse that will probably only join us after approx 6 months of us leaving ? If so, do you have to show the same amount in savings or employment earnings and go through the same application process for the child who will be 13/14 years old ?

Also, does anyone know if there would be an problems relating to parental rights even though the mother is consenting ?

Any info anyone can give me would be appreciated.
Old May 18th 2015, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Step Child to come to UK later than Parent

HighCaper,

I'm only making a guess (hopefully someone who actually knows will be along soon) but from what you have said I'm thinking that this might be difficult since the child does not have a legal relationship to you the British Citizen. Which Visa were you thinking of applying for?
Old May 21st 2015, 11:46 am
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks NiHao for replying.

My question doesn't seem to be a subject anyone knows about. It's very frustrating trying to work out what you can and can't do when there are no official contact numbers for me to call.

Your comment does make sense though.
Old May 21st 2015, 7:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your stepdaughter would need to lodge an application for a visa separate from yours even if you were travelling at the same time. In your case it might be better to wait until you are settled and then apply for her visa if don't know exactly when she will be joining you.