British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Status/Tracking of an application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/status-tracking-application-853523/)

celeliza Feb 27th 2015 8:21 pm

Status/Tracking of an application

Hi,

We sent off our spouse visa application few days ago via priority service. Now, we just got to sit back and wait what the outcome will be.

Does anyone know if you can track the status of your application online or do you just receive emails from the visa office?

Thanks
Claire

Dundee15 Feb 28th 2015 12:16 am

Re: Status/Tracking of an application

We got an email telling us it was being processed then 2 days later another email to say a desision had been made and another email with the tracking number of the packet on its way back to the US,

celeliza Feb 28th 2015 5:17 am

Did you use Priority Service?

Dundee15 Feb 28th 2015 1:27 pm

Yes we used priority service as we wanted to get our house on the market as quickly as we could and we did not want to have to wait weeks to find out about the visa..

celeliza Feb 28th 2015 7:25 pm

Thanks :-) We have gone for the priority service too so hopefully we will hear something pretty soon.... Like you we don't want to be in tenderhooks for many weeks and I have a job offer starting in early May.

Dundee15 Feb 28th 2015 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by celeliza (Post 11579413)
Thanks :-) We have gone for the priority service too so hopefully we will hear something pretty soon.... Like you we don't want to be in tenderhooks for many weeks and I have a job offer starting in early May.

Hoping you hear something soon.. Good Luck :fingerscrossed:

celeliza Mar 4th 2015 9:16 am

Hi there,

My husband received an email today and it said:

"A decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC). You will be contacted again by the VAC once these documents have been received and they are ready for you to collect."

Subject line was OFFICIAL: UK Visa Application: UKVI-Manila Visa Hub (Ref: xxxxxxx)

Now getting more nervous!

Dundee15 Mar 4th 2015 1:44 pm

Good to hear that your papers are on there way back and you will have your decision soon. I hope you get good news..

celeliza Mar 9th 2015 9:13 am

Yay! Good news came today as my husband has now got his visa label on his passport. Let the planning commence!!

Dundee15 Mar 9th 2015 2:35 pm

Congratulations!!!

Nicola P May 10th 2015 8:01 am

Hello

Reading your posts have filled me with some hope! I too received the exact email however the email subject was "Your Visa Application from UK Visas and Immigration". I read online people saying that unless you have a reference number in the subject line which is your visa number then you are refused. Obviously this caused a lot of stress & worry! But now I have been told that this is not the case and all emails seem to vary.

Congratulations to you both! I can only just imagine the happiness you felt receiving the approval. I applied for my fiancee visa on the 23rd March 2015, biometrics 31st March and all sent off on the same day, received the email on Friday 9th May (23 working days) so now crossing everything! It should be back to me on Wednesday.

Is so hard to find information online isn't it! So thank you for both posting :)

hopeintoronto May 12th 2015 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Nicola P (Post 11641811)
Hello

Reading your posts have filled me with some hope! I too received the exact email however the email subject was "Your Visa Application from UK Visas and Immigration". I read online people saying that unless you have a reference number in the subject line which is your visa number then you are refused. Obviously this caused a lot of stress & worry! But now I have been told that this is not the case and all emails seem to vary.

Congratulations to you both! I can only just imagine the happiness you felt receiving the approval. I applied for my fiancee visa on the 23rd March 2015, biometrics 31st March and all sent off on the same day, received the email on Friday 9th May (23 working days) so now crossing everything! It should be back to me on Wednesday.

Is so hard to find information online isn't it! So thank you for both posting :)

Hi Nicola! Just wondering if you paid for priority for your application? I applied for my husband's visa around the same time as you and have yet to hear anything, but we didn't pay priority. Hoping we hear soon!

Thanks!

Nicola P May 12th 2015 6:53 pm

Hi! No I didn't pay the priority. For a while there I was wishing I had, I think because of the Easter break and other public holidays it could have delayed things a little. It looks like most are processed in 30 working days so no doubt you will hear back shortly.

I am still waiting to be able to track my passport on courier (am onto day 5 after receiving the decision made email). I did not expect it would take this long to be sent back. It needs to be sent from Manila to New Zealand then couriered to me as we don't have a place to pick up applications from.

Good luck on your application :)

hopeintoronto May 12th 2015 8:16 pm

Oh gosh I'm sure it will get there safely! Fingers crossed very soon!:fingerscrossed:

Thanks for letting me know - I'm almost relieved you didn't pay priority cos that means we have a chance that it will get processed soon. Phewwwww.