Statless son to british father

Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Abdulah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statless son to british father

Iam a stateless son born 1989 to a british father.

My father was registered as a British citizen under s 4B of the 1981 Act.

My brothers born before 1983 were able to meet up with form s2.

Is there any form that qualifies me for any type of British citizenship noting that iam not residing in uk ?

Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statless son to british father

When was your father registered?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
When was your father registered?
My dad applied in 2007 and was given British overseas citizen.

Later after 3 years that is 2009. He had to apply few documents in UK proving that he is stateless. Then my father gotten his full UK Citizenship section 4B, His children born before 1983 applied for full UK citizenship and got it in 2010 section 4B through a ceremony in London.

Although he got it in 2010 he was entitled to get it many years before but didnt until 2009.

Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2017, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Father was born on 29 March 1945 in the then (British) Colony of Nigeria. At birth he was deemed a natural-born British subject by virtue of birth within His Majesty’s dominions and allegiance, see s 1(1)(a) of the British Nationality and the Status of Aliens Act 1914 (‘ the 1914 Act’).
On commencement of the British Nationality Act 1981 (‘the 1981 Act’) on 1 January 1983, lacking a right of abode in the UK or an equivalent in a remaining British Dependent territory, my father would have been reclassified as a British Overseas citizen (‘BOC’) under s 26 of the 1981 Act.
Then in 2009 he got full uk citizenship.

Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2017, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abdulah
Father was born on 29 March 1945 in the then (British) Colony of Nigeria. At birth he was deemed a natural-born British subject by virtue of birth within His Majesty’s dominions and allegiance, see s 1(1)(a) of the British Nationality and the Status of Aliens Act 1914 (‘ the 1914 Act’).
On commencement of the British Nationality Act 1981 (‘the 1981 Act’) on 1 January 1983, lacking a right of abode in the UK or an equivalent in a remaining British Dependent territory, my father would have been reclassified as a British Overseas citizen (‘BOC’) under s 26 of the 1981 Act.
Then in 2009 he got full uk citizenship.

Thanks
The question is how your dad managed to get British Overseas Citizenship in 1983? Section 2(2) of the Nigeria Independence Act 1960 stated that -

Subject to the subsequent provisions of this section, any person who immediately before the appointed day is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies shall on that day cease to be such a citizen if-

(a) under the law of Nigeria he becomes on that day a citizen of Nigeria; and

(b) he, his father or his father's father was born in any of the territories comprised in Nigeria.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...9600055_en.pdf

So your father never became a Nigeria citizen?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HKG3
The question is how your dad managed to get British Overseas Citizenship in 1983? Section 2(2) of the Nigeria Independence Act 1960 stated that -

Subject to the subsequent provisions of this section, any person who immediately before the appointed day is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies shall on that day cease to be such a citizen if-

(a) under the law of Nigeria he becomes on that day a citizen of Nigeria; and

(b) he, his father or his father's father was born in any of the territories comprised in Nigeria.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...9600055_en.pdf

So your father never became a Nigeria citizen?
No he didnt, he retained CUKC status on the independence of Nigeria. This may well have been because he did not pick up the nationality of independent Nigeria on 1 October 1960 under the 1960 Constitution that took effect on independence.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

No he didnt, he retained CUKC status on the independence of Nigeria. This may well have been because he did not pick up the nationality of independent Nigeria on 1 October 1960 under the 1960 Constitution that took effect on independence.
I dont know if this helps but my grand father had british palestinian passport and also my grand grand father which i have copies. and still iam stateless.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:45 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Where were you born?
Old Oct 16th 2017, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Where were you born?
Lebanon
Old Oct 19th 2017, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Lebanon
In the lebanese law iam not allowed to carry lebanese nationality thats another reason to remain stateless.
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 1:47 am

You mentioned your brothers were able to register using Form S2 however Form S2 is only for those born after 1 January 1983. Are you sure that is correct?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 7:16 am
Just Joined

You mentioned your brothers were able to register using Form S2 however Form S2 is only for those born after 1 January 1983. Are you sure that is correct?
No am not really sure of that. Maybe it was s3.