Statement problems with HSBC

Old Feb 24th 2017, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

stuexeter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statement problems with HSBC

Hi,

We're in a bit of a panic. We are in the US and applying for a spouse visa for my wife using the savings route. I requested copies of my statements from HSBC on the 31st of Jan, plus they changed my next statement date to the 31st in order to trigger a new one so that we would have the statements showing the 6 months of transactions and balances. The old statements arrived 10 days later. We have not yet received the statement for the 31st, 24 days later, despite them sending it two more times. And I think we are required when submitting evidence to have the last statement being less than a month old.

They are unwilling to investigate further an are offering to send it again and blaming the mail. I have asked they send copies to my branch in the UK for my Dad to pick up. They ask for my Dad to bring ID and a letter from me. Would they accept it if I faxed the letter to him? Does anyone have any experiences with this?

Thanks

Last edited by stuexeter; Feb 24th 2017 at 10:41 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Statement problems with HSBC

I have been able to speak with HSBC, a fax won't be accepted.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised they do not accept a fax. I have an authority with them to accept faxes and have used it on more than one occasion, yet rarely.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuexeter
I have been able to speak with HSBC, a fax won't be accepted.
Due to the urgency you probably need to DHL or Fedex your authorisation letter to your Dad. Hopefully HSBC will have sent them to the UK branch!

The banks certainly are not that helpful when one needs paper statements I find.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikemike
I am surprised they do not accept a fax. I have an authority with them to accept faxes and have used it on more than one occasion, yet rarely.
Maybe they accept if you apply for special permissions on the account but not in general. In hindsight we should have setup a third party mandate for one of my parents. But multiple issuing of the same statement not being received was not a scenario I'd thought about.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
Due to the urgency you probably need to DHL or Fedex your authorisation letter to your Dad. Hopefully HSBC will have sent them to the UK branch!

The banks certainly are not that helpful when one needs paper statements I find.
Yes we will be sending the letter to arrive the day before the docs should arrive in branch and then just as quick on the way back.