Starting a life in uk with brazilian girlfriend

Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

coferd is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Starting a life in uk with brazilian girlfriend

Hi guys im new to this forum,
Looking for advice mostly on my options for starting a life with my girlfriend who lives in Brazil, I'm 20 and she is 21, known each other for 5 months and both want for her to come to the UK to live with me. I'm a student in my second year of university with a part-time job bringing in around 500 pounds as well as the maximum amount of student loan per semester. I am stably living with enough room for her and parents and family living near for support if needed.
We have never met and found each other online, we are very serious about our relationship and our future together, she intends to live with me and become a citizen legally and get a job to support us both.
I have no clue about visa options and what we need to have in place for her to come here legally, if possible she would come here and we would get married in order for her to stay in the country legally but it would be hard for us to get her proof of return to Brazil since we aimed for her to get a one way ticket to England...

Can someone please give me all the information they know that is relevant to me and my girlfriend's situation? I'm writing this to hopefully save money and time in putting things into place for her arrival.

Thanks all for reading.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a life in uk with brazilian girlfriend

I don’t doubt your sincerity but you need to slow down. Before you do anything else you need to meet in person. You can visit each other countries without a visa so that’s an easy first step. It would be highly desirable if she was to visit the UK before committing to a life together in the UK. You cannot bring her to the UK until you have been earning at least £18,600 pa for at least six months so that’s going to be after you graduate and you find your first full-time job which is going to be at least two years away. Spend that time getting to know each other in person and if you still feel the same way then you can move ahead with your plans to marry.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

coferd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I don’t doubt your sincerity but you need to slow down. Before you do anything else you need to meet in person. You can visit each other countries without a visa so that’s an easy first step. It would be highly desirable if she was to visit the UK before committing to a life together in the UK. You cannot bring her to the UK until you have been earning at least £18,600 pa for at least six months so that’s going to be after you graduate and you find your first full-time job which is going to be at least two years away. Spend that time getting to know each other in person and if you still feel the same way then you can move ahead with your plans to marry.
Dear BritInParis;
Thank you for your reply,
Due to the money we were trying to avoid return travelling however I think you are right in saying its sensible to arrange visits...
Can you please advice me on how long each of us can stay in our respected countries when visiting without a visa? I thought a visiting/tourist visa was needed? are any documents/reason of staying in the country for a number of months needed? if so is our reason a good enough one? should we make aware to immigration that she will be staying with me while she visits as my girlfriend?
Can u confirm the maximum stay time in England from Brazil without a visa?
Is it as simple as booking a return ticket, getting off the plane and explaining her truthful situation with staying with me etc until the time of her return ticket which will be under 6 months?

Is there no way for us to get married in England unless I am earning £18,600+ pa?

Lastly, could you tell me all the pre-requirements and types of visas for her that she could get in order to just get a one-way flight to England?
If so it could be a possibility that she can start studying here in order to stay for longer and so we can mature our feelings for each other in a closer distance.

I appreciate the effort in replying to this list of queries and look forward to your response, You are right in not doubting our sincerity, our feelings are very genuine and it just feels like we have been married for years and just at the moment in different countries and can only video call and message.

- coferd
Old Sep 25th 2018, 11:44 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok firstly let me say when I had finished university I met a Brasileira here in London who lived in Brasil, fell for her, went to Brasil for 3 months to live with her, she then visited Europe a couple of times and I visited her too over a period of 3-4 years so I have been there done that and know what I am talking about.

You need to slow down. If you have never met she is not your namorada yet. You need to spend time with each other before comitting to anything long term such as marriage and moving countries.

Brasileiras know what they want and how to get it. They are clever. She will not be wanting to stay here with someone working part time. You should focus on finishing your education. Then get a proper job that can actually support you and her. In the mean time go visit her for a month. Let her visit you for a month.

If after a little while everything is still good then sure make these long term plans. Do NOT run before you can walk.

Enjoy the ride. I know how fun it is. I dont regret any of it. But be careful and a little cautious too.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 11:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your girlfriend can visit the UK without a visa for up to six months and you can visit Brazil for up to 90 days which you can then extend for a further 90 days in-country.

You will both need to bring evidence that you will be genuine visitors to each other's country. You both have zero rights to be granted permission to enter; it's at the discretion of the immigration officer you speak to on arrival. Generally speaking this means a return ticket, bringing sufficient funds to support yourselves and having strong enough ties to your home country that would induce you to return.

You can marry in the UK; what your girlfriend cannot do is move to the UK as your wife without you meeting the financial requirements. There are various ways to do this but basically it boils down to an income of £18,600 pa or £62,500 in cash savings. Check here for more information.

She will need a visa that would permit her to stay for more than six months in order to buy a one-way flight. Generally speaking this would a family visa, work visa or study visa, with a study visa being the 'easiest'.

Check here: https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa
and here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

As a Brazilian, does she have any recent European ancestry? Parents or grandparents born in Europe?