Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Oct 9th 2018, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Taibah_ 101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Hi thanks for your help, I have sent off the email to the email addresses you provided and stated and matched to the legal requirements which were met for the visa. How long did they take to get back to you?
Old Oct 9th 2018, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Itunu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by PeaceOdoro
1st September - Emailed Visa refusal complaint to Complaint email address provided on the thread
4th September - Got automated email "Any queries relating to making an application outside the UK.....
4th September - i replied that i am not inquiring about a visa application status but lodging a complaint. Got no reply from them after this
10th September - FWD the complaint email i sent on the 4th to [email protected] as suggested by @viv4
18 September - got decision to refuse visa has been overturned email from VISAINFO.SHEFO

All the best!!
hello, how long did it take for your passport to come back after you received the email that the decision has been overturned. My brother received the email on sep 4 and he submitted his passport back on the 5th, since then we haven’t hear anything back. When he submitted at vfs, they said they will send an email when his passport his ready. Did they send you an email? How long did it take. Thank you
Old Oct 19th 2018, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Warda123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey are the people on this thread active. I have received a completely wrong refusal for my parents. Yes we were refused before twice but there were mistakes on our behalf. Despite submitting the genuine documents backed by our government they confused them to be non authentic papers. I was shocked to see refusal on this basis and hence began the search for overturn or complaint as i did not feel the need for complaint for previous refusals. But i was shocked if UK GOV or ECO is not going to accept a PAK GOV authentic paper then what else will they accept. Instead of applying again i want them to see their mistake and then issue their decision weather acceptance or rejection but this rejection is not justified on any basis. I have read the thread but if someone would like to help with how to make complaint for visit visa refusal from Pakistan then kindly suggest any particular email address which worked for you.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The complaints procedure is the same regardless of which country you applied from.

So suggest you use the e-mail and addresses as detailed in this thread.
Old Oct 21st 2018, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Kindly i would like to ask that the language of letter should be complaining or in a requesting way ? Plus can any complaint have any negative effect on any Previous or future applications ? I mean just wanted to know that i am doing the right thing ?

Can someone here help as i in the same situation. Lodged the complaint on Sunday on 3 email addresses. Received the same email. Then sent them the same reply as the OP yet they have replied me "as you have been previously been informed we do not handle such complaint etc etc " Is this thread still active and people getting some response lately on the same emails as from Sunday till Thursday today i have not received any helpful response despite emailing them twice. The email i send on [email protected] is being replied by [email protected] this email address.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 13th 2018 at 1:43 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 9:11 am
Just Joined

How much time it can take after resubmitting the passport generally.
Anyone on this thread still here. Or the moderators have any general idea or made any calculation about the people who got visa after complaint.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Madeola is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Itunu

hello, how long did it take for your passport to come back after you received the email that the decision has been overturned. My brother received the email on sep 4 and he submitted his passport back on the 5th, since then we haven’t hear anything back. When he submitted at vfs, they said they will send an email when his passport his ready. Did they send you an email? How long did it take. Thank you
hello
has your brother gotten his passport back
how long did it take or can it be fast tracked?
I need my passport to travel to SA on Thursday and I submitted since 30th oct
Old Dec 9th 2018, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

We received our passports back after 2 weeks in 2018 after resubmission. Hope it is of some help.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Warda123
We received our passports back after 2 weeks in 2018 after resubmission. Hope it is of some help.
thanks please can you be precise
when did you submit and when did they return it
I need mine this week
Old Dec 10th 2018, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madeola

thanks please can you be precise
when did you submit and when did they return it
I need mine this week
Hi Madeola, I was refused in October 2018, complained in October 2018. Asked to submite passport after 3 weeks of complaint and after 2 weeks of resubmission we received the passport back in November 2018.
If you study the thread in detail as i did , not everyone reported their passport return timing and if you put down each person posts separately together you will realize in one case it has taken almost 2 Months. So when i resubmitted the passport i though to wait for 2 months but i got the passport after 2 weeks. The email of UK visas says that donot bother the collection centre for passport as they will contact you when the passport is ready.
That being said in another case on another forum the person receievd no email or call and he just went to collection centre and the collection centre said to him that we rang you a few days ago but you didnt pick up and his passport was ready there.
i will suggest either be patient or just check with the collection centre where you resubmitted the passport. Or while they are making further checks to issue the visa/ passport you can request to get your passport back for traval purpose. I think they make further checks and can make them at any stage unless the passport comes back with stamp but if it was me i would not send in another complaint to get back the passport with visa only try to get the passport back for travel as that is your right for the time being and they may send it with the stamp.
Old Dec 10th 2018, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Warda123

Hi Madeola, I was refused in October 2018, complained in October 2018. Asked to submite passport after 3 weeks of complaint and after 2 weeks of resubmission we received the passport back in November 2018.
If you study the thread in detail as i did , not everyone reported their passport return timing and if you put down each person posts separately together you will realize in one case it has taken almost 2 Months. So when i resubmitted the passport i though to wait for 2 months but i got the passport after 2 weeks. The email of UK visas says that donot bother the collection centre for passport as they will contact you when the passport is ready.
That being said in another case on another forum the person receievd no email or call and he just went to collection centre and the collection centre said to him that we rang you a few days ago but you didnt pick up and his passport was ready there.
i will suggest either be patient or just check with the collection centre where you resubmitted the passport. Or while they are making further checks to issue the visa/ passport you can request to get your passport back for traval purpose. I think they make further checks and can make them at any stage unless the passport comes back with stamp but if it was me i would not send in another complaint to get back the passport with visa only try to get the passport back for travel as that is your right for the time being and they may send it with the stamp.
Thank you so much.
I appreciate your response
Old Dec 20th 2018, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Paddy6r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
first off, many thanks to this thread....
My fiancé had been refused a visitor visa on two occasions, the second occasion I’d had enough as our application was purely legitimate and we believed we met all the criteria but nonetheless it was refused on the,,, shall I say “that old chestnut” V4.2 (a) (c) & (e). Due to pure frustration at my country’s processes I decided to contact some legal advice - be carful, these people are just out for your money. My legal advice was that the ECO was in his rights to refuse and that I should re-apply with their assistance (£££).
Not accepting my legal advice I searched the web and
luckily stumbled across this thread and drew inspiration to challenge the 2nd refusal myself. Taking a mix of the advice we set off with a series of emails and I’m truly happy to report that the refusal has been overturned. Although it’s been overturned we still need to send the passport back and unfortunately it’s too late now to enjoy what the purpose of the visa was for and that’s spending Xmas in the uk :-(
Many thanks to the people who posted their stories and my advice to people who were in my position of frustration is, if you think your application is true and you feel you were unfairly refused,,,, CHALLENGE IT!!
Old Dec 30th 2018, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

dv11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paddy6r
Hi all,
first off, many thanks to this thread....
My fiancé had been refused a visitor visa on two occasions, the second occasion I’d had enough as our application was purely legitimate and we believed we met all the criteria but nonetheless it was refused on the,,, shall I say “that old chestnut” V4.2 (a) (c) & (e). Due to pure frustration at my country’s processes I decided to contact some legal advice - be carful, these people are just out for your money. My legal advice was that the ECO was in his rights to refuse and that I should re-apply with their assistance (£££).
Not accepting my legal advice I searched the web and
luckily stumbled across this thread and drew inspiration to challenge the 2nd refusal myself. Taking a mix of the advice we set off with a series of emails and I’m truly happy to report that the refusal has been overturned. Although it’s been overturned we still need to send the passport back and unfortunately it’s too late now to enjoy what the purpose of the visa was for and that’s spending Xmas in the uk :-(
Many thanks to the people who posted their stories and my advice to people who were in my position of frustration is, if you think your application is true and you feel you were unfairly refused,,,, CHALLENGE IT!!
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience Paddy. I'm in the same situation and am glad that I found this thread. I'm preparing the complaint letter, just want to know which email address did you use to sent the complaint to? This thread mentions 1 complaints email address and another 2 for Sheffield visa office, so a bit confused which one to use?
Would really appreciate if you can guide.

Thanks,
DV
Old Dec 31st 2018, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Vietnamese is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I got refused for a visa visit recently. I believed that it was an unfair refusal, so i sent complaints. After a few exchange emails, they requested me to submit my original passport to VFS including notification of my travel date. I’m not sure if the refusal is overturned or there might be another re-refusal. It’s holiday now, so I can’t submit my passport yet. But I’m really nervous about it.
Any idea?
Old Dec 31st 2018, 6:35 am
Just Joined

They only request a passport after complaint to issue a visa not for rerefusal. They send in the rerefusal on email without requesting the passports back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.