Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Apr 29th 2018, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

LilyMay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by Adisaolubusayo View Post
Hello may,

Thank you for this information. I am a new member on this forum, after going through your experience I felt hope back in trying more on my visit visa that was refused, because my case is similar to yours. I am a Nigerian and i applied for visit visa on 4th of feb, and which i was refused without appeal based on wrong decisions made. After surfing the internet and meeting people for a way out on how to fill for a reconsideration , i was told to send my reconsideration letter to an email address of harriet.thompson.fck.gv.uk, which i did. I got their response after some days that they do not attend to such mail, and i was directed to a link which would never allow me to lodge my complaints, after some days of the hunt, I found your experience on this forum which i used to reconstruct my complaint and forwarded to the complaint home office mail you provided, i got their response again after 20 working days that the team do not attend to such mail. pls help me. i want to know if the complaint home office email address applies to all countries or my subject mail was not appropriate because I used my subject mail like this 'request for uk visa reconsideration based on manifestation error' please help me on what other way i can take it through again. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you
Sorry dear! I can't answer all of your questions as I only know about my case. For subject mail, I used the heading like this "Complaint on Family Visit Visa Refusal of Application number: GWF xxxxxxxx"

I don't know whether complaint home office's email address applies to all countries or not. But on their website, they provide only one email address, which we all tried.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

LilyMay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Hello ms19 and Adisaolubusayo,

This is the email I got from the team when I lodged my complaint for the first time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of xxx July,

Any queries relating to making an application outside of the UK are not handled by this mailbox and so you will not receive a response. If you have a question about coming to the UK or about an application you have already submitted outside of the UK.

Please use https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-insi...outside-the-uk

where you will find the relevant contact details for contacting the international enquiry team.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

And, here is my reply.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to clarify that I am not inquiring about visa status but lodging a complaint about refusal decision on my visit visa application as per the instructions on the following website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure

Please kindly accept my complaint!

Yours sincerely,
XXX

I hope you both hear back from the team very soon xxx
Old May 1st 2018, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

ms19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much. Will let you know how it goes! Xx

Originally Posted by LilyMay View Post
Hello ms19 and Adisaolubusayo,

This is the email I got from the team when I lodged my complaint for the first time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of xxx July,

Any queries relating to making an application outside of the UK are not handled by this mailbox and so you will not receive a response. If you have a question about coming to the UK or about an application you have already submitted outside of the UK.

where you will find the relevant contact details for contacting the international enquiry team.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

And, here is my reply.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to clarify that I am not inquiring about visa status but lodging a complaint about refusal decision on my visit visa application as per the instructions on the following

Please kindly accept my complaint!

Yours sincerely,
XXX

I hope you both hear back from the team very soon xxx
Old Jul 7th 2018, 9:26 am
Just Joined

viv4 is an unknown quantity at this point

@LilyMay. Thanks for this great information. I have a similar issue. ECO made a mathematical error while converting my yearly income in my country currency to GBP currency and he used that error made by him to refuse me visa. Please does it take up to 20 working days before they respond to mail or can it take less than that number of days?
Old Jul 20th 2018, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ms19 View Post
Thank you so much. Will let you know how it goes! Xx
Hello, please how did yours go?
Old Jul 20th 2018, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

ms19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

he recieved his passport with visa yesterday
Old Jul 20th 2018, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ms19 View Post
Hi,

he recieved his passport with visa yesterday
Wow, congrats. was it overturned after the complaint or he has to reapply?

please if it was overturned, how long did it take you because i am yet to get any response from them except for their first generic auto response?

Last edited by viv4; Jul 20th 2018 at 4:09 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2018, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Zainasif is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello lily may i have applied for the family visit visa recently and was refused due to inappropriate assumptions of eco my case is similar to yours eco did not read all the docoument provide with my case and rejected my visa due to appendix v 4.2 (a'c'e) i have attached the property papers for my home with my application and the eco still thinks i will not leave uk at the end of my visit can you tell me what to exactly write in the the complaint letter and do i need to fill up complaint letter form

Last edited by Zainasif; Jul 27th 2018 at 2:28 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Qwertier is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi LilyMay,

Thank you so much for sharing this and giving us hope!

You mention you were emailed by the BKK UVKI office - are you referring to the Bangkok UKVI Office? If so, is there any way I can get a direct contact to get in touch with?

Many thanks
Old Sep 7th 2018, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

PeaceOdoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Please anyone had any success lately getting their Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after filing a complaint through email([email protected])? Any info will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2018, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Hi Qwertier,

Please any update? Did you get a reply from them? I have been waiting for over a week now since i filed a complaint and got their generic auto reply.

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2018, 11:02 am
Just Joined

@peace, they will reply you, just give them time. Which country did you apply for the visa?
Old Sep 10th 2018, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by viv4 View Post
@peace, they will reply you, just give them time. Which country did you apply for the visa?
Thanks viv4 for the reply. I applied at Abuja, Nigeria
Old Sep 10th 2018, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Qwertier is an unknown quantity at this point

@PeaceOdoro - they did eventually reply, just under two weeks from when I first contacted them. However, I also cc'd other avenues, including the email address for the relevant casework unit and British High Commission. In addition, I emailed the contact center on the recurring email thread I had with them. I can see from the communication log they sent me, that one of their team contacted the relevant casework unit, adding a note for my reconsideration request, which I promptly got a reply from them acknowledging receipt of my emails.

About a week after that, I was emailed saying they would be reconsidering my application, and that they aim to process reconsiderations within a month. Been waiting a week now; will keep you updated.

Hope that helps, best of luck!
Old Sep 10th 2018, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Qwertier View Post
@PeaceOdoro - they did eventually reply, just under two weeks from when I first contacted them. However, I also cc'd other avenues, including the email address for the relevant casework unit and British High Commission. In addition, I emailed the contact center on the recurring email thread I had with them. I can see from the communication log they sent me, that one of their team contacted the relevant casework unit, adding a note for my reconsideration request, which I promptly got a reply from them acknowledging receipt of my emails.

About a week after that, I was emailed saying they would be reconsidering my application, and that they aim to process reconsiderations within a month. Been waiting a week now; will keep you updated.

Hope that helps, best of luck!
@Qwertier - Thanks so much for the update. Hope you get good news soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.