Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Jan 28th 2018, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

alexpng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Hi LilyMay,

I am in the same problem and I'm worried that the ECO has failed to review all my evidences. I have a perfect immigration record of nearly 11 years living and studying in the UK.

Your story gives me hope as I know that UKVI don't give Administrative Review for Visitor Visa.

I wonder if you could advise on the letter that you wrote. I wonder if you could provide a template, one that removed all the personal details.

What was the tittle of your email and what error did you suggested the ECO might have made?

I'm writing mine, but I'm worried it's a bit too long and they won't read it ( 1350 words). What is your length?

When you first send it, did you send all the documents that you've submitted before or new documents to prove your argument?
Old Jan 28th 2018, 5:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by alexpng
Hi LilyMay,

I am in the same problem and I'm worried that the ECO has failed to review all my evidences. I have a perfect immigration record of nearly 11 years living and studying in the UK.

Your story gives me hope as I know that UKVI don't give Administrative Review for Visitor Visa.

I wonder if you could advise on the letter that you wrote. I wonder if you could provide a template, one that removed all the personal details.

What was the tittle of your email and what error did you suggested the ECO might have made?

I'm writing mine, but I'm worried it's a bit too long and they won't read it ( 1350 words). What is your length?

When you first send it, did you send all the documents that you've submitted before or new documents to prove your argument?
If you think the ECO made an error when assessing your application, then you need to talk about that in your email - knowing what error was made with Lily May's application won't help you at all.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you think the ECO made an error when assessing your application, then you need to talk about that in your email - knowing what error was made with Lily May's application won't help you at all.
Maybe the OP could scan in their own refusal letter, so the forum can comment on whether the refusal was valid or not.

From what the OP has written earlier he/she has husband and family in the UK, but was applying for a visitor visa?
Old Jan 28th 2018, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

alexpng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi, spouse of scouse,

Thanks for your message. I don't really want to know the specific errors that the ECO made in her case but I just wonder how Lily May phrased it. e.g: The ECO has missed the documents.

I was trying to write a really effective complaint and I want it to be reconsidered, that's why I am asking for advice.

Regards,
Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

In response to all above: I my self as had two Visitor Visas Rejected most recent one July 2017 the points raised in first refusal was put wright in the seconded one and this was rejected, I contacted local MP he the contacted UK Immigration for a Review as himself reading all the Everdance could not Understand why it was Rejected after 3 months the UK Immigration sent a response and again rejected and Stating I should Apple in Writing, I there for contacted my Immigrations Adviser and maid a appointment to be there Now I was told and weather or not True that any Review as to be don by a Barrister as yourself cant approach UK Immigration Office Direct weather True or not ask a Immigration Adviser first I don't now. BUT if you Take all the Time and Effort fitting such a in Humana Establishment it is far better and Quicker to reapply which I shall do Using Family Settlement Visa (VAF4A) OK this as its problems as to Meeting the Financial Conditions of Income of £18.500 I Believe? But I am exempt as being on Pension and DLA Payments. Finely I will add this the past Applications was refused by Immigration Services in Warsaw they have little Understanding's of English Rules and Regulations ok my Grammar and Spelling are crap and a bit upside down but I am not young any more digger47
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

LilyMay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello alexpng,

Sorry to hear that you got a refusal! I'll try to help you but I doubt that we are in the same background situation for visitor visa application. As both spouse of scouse and SanDiegogirl suggested to you, the errors my ECO made and I complained back wouldn't be the same as your ECO might have made. It would be better for you to read your refusal letter and list down any big or obvious mistakes which you can complain back with strong evidences. Most importantly, those must be true mistake/s or errors done by ECO.

SanDiegogirl is correct. I have my husband and family in the UK and this is my first time visit to the UK. But ECO refused my application by assuming, without reason, that I will live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits. Even though we provided documents for my husband's status in the UK, he/she failed to check it and stated that he/she was not sure where he is or what he is doing. In addition, he/she did some minor errors as a proof for me he/she didn't read carefully my application, sponsor's invitation letter and my supporting documents.Therefore, I did believe that I should or can complain about the decision.

For complaint letter template, you can read it in this thread, page 1, post #7. My letter was about 1450 words and so no difference from yours.
But again, it would depend on your case for how long your letter will be. So long as it's factual and not just emotionally complaining, it should be fine. I tried not to include any unnecessary points in my letter. When I sent them via email, I included some already submitted and important documents he/she failed to read by highlighting the relevant sentences or paragraphs and additional documents which I backed up my complaint.

Hope this help and wish best of luck to you

LilyMay

Last edited by LilyMay; Jan 29th 2018 at 12:49 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

laidy19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi LilyMay,

Thanks for your post! has been so helpful. I made a new application but I will go through the complaint process anyway.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laidy19
Hi LilyMay,

Thanks for your post! has been so helpful. I made a new application but I will go through the complaint process anyway.
Glad to hear that it is helpful for you. Good luck to you for both new application and complaint process
Old Apr 1st 2018, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Aleksandra is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Got my refusal overturned the same way

Hi LilyMay and everyone.
I'm sorry it took me so long to share my story.
In December 2017 I got my 3rd refusal of my Visitor Visa, although I'm married to a Brit and had a good income as a self-employed translator in Russia.
In my case, the refusal was just an outrageous pile of lies such as "your financial documents do not confirm the income you state in your application form", which it perfectly did.
There were no valid reasons for refusing my application.
I did the same as the author of this thread, complained to the UKVI.
I got an automatic reply and nothing else for over a month.
My husband's family contacted the local MP's office, but it took them several weeks to take any action.
After a month I submitted 2 more complaints - one restating my initial complaint and another one about them failing to get in touch within 20 working days.
Just a few day later I got an email saying they decided to overturn their decision and asked for my passport. They said they didn't have a record of my first complaint, which is very unconvincing since I had received an automatic reply confirming my complaint was registered in their system.
Eventually, over 2 months after my refusal, I finally got my visa.
My advice - do not rely on them, and keep trying, don't give up. If you see that there's evidence in your Refusal letter that the ECO didn't do their job properly, you must complain and there's a high chance they'll review their work.
My complaint letter was very long. I also attached all of my documents to the letter.
I don't know whether our MP actually helped cause they contacted us for the first time after the UKVI overturned their decision. What helped, I guess, was that I mentioned in my second complain that I HAVE contacted my MP to show I'm serious about the whole thing.
Want to restate: you need to know for yourself what you're complaining about, you have to have solid proof the ECO made a mistake. And then you'll be fine!
Thank you, LilyMay, it was literally your story that made the biggest contribution to my eventual victory)

Last edited by Aleksandra; Apr 1st 2018 at 12:37 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Got my refusal overturned the same way

Originally Posted by Aleksandra
Hi LilyMay and everyone.
In December 2017 I got my 3rd refusal of my Visitor Visa, although I'm married to a Brit and had a good income as a self-employed translator in Russia.
In my case, the refusal was just an outrageous pile of lies such as "your financial documents do not confirm the income you state in your application form", which it perfectly did.
My husband's family contacted the local MP's office, but it took them several weeks to take any action.
After a month I submitted 2 more complaints - one restating my initial complaint and another one about them failing to get in touch within 20 working days.
Just a few day later I got an email saying they decided to overturn their decision and asked for my passport. They said they didn't have a record of my first complaint, which is very unconvincing since I had received an automatic reply confirming my complaint was registered in their system.
My advice - do not rely on them, and keep trying, don't give up. If you see that there's evidence in your Refusal letter that the ECO didn't do their job properly, you must complain and there's a high chance they'll review their work.
My complaint letter was very long. I also attached all of my documents to the letter.
I don't know whether our MP actually helped cause they contacted us for the first time after the UKVI overturned their decision. What helped, I guess, was that I mentioned in my second complain that I HAVE contacted my MP to show I'm serious about the whole thing.
Want to restate: you need to know for yourself what you're complaining about, you have to have solid proof the ECO made a mistake. And then you'll be fine!
Thank you, LilyMay, it was literally your story that made the biggest contribution to my eventual victory)
Hi Alexsandra,

Very glad to hear that you finally got your visa and thank you for coming back here and shared your story with us. It's much helpful. All your hard work and perseverance finally paid off. Cheers to you and your family!
Old Apr 11th 2018, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Adisaolubusayo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello may,

Thank you for this information. I am a new member on this forum, after going through your experience I felt hope back in trying more on my visit visa that was refused, because my case is similar to yours. I am a Nigerian and i applied for visit visa on 4th of feb, and which i was refused without appeal based on wrong decisions made. After surfing the internet and meeting people for a way out on how to fill for a reconsideration , i was told to send my reconsideration letter to an email address of harriet.thompson.fck.gv.uk, which i did. I got their response after some days that they do not attend to such mail, and i was directed to a link which would never allow me to lodge my complaints, after some days of the hunt, I found your experience on this forum which i used to reconstruct my complaint and forwarded to the complaint home office mail you provided, i got their response again after 20 working days that the team do not attend to such mail. pls help me. i want to know if the complaint home office email address applies to all countries or my subject mail was not appropriate because I used my subject mail like this 'request for uk visa reconsideration based on manifestation error' please help me on what other way i can take it through again. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you
Old Apr 24th 2018, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

ms19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi LilyMay,

We are in a similar situation to what you were in and we’ve just received the same email stating ‘Any queries relating to making an application outside of the UK are not handled by this team’.

We were wondering exactly how you worded your reply so we’re not faced with disappointment again oh and did you resend everything in your reply?

Thank you so much for your OP. It’s helped massively!

Originally Posted by LilyMay
Hello everyone,
I sent my complaint to the email provided and got a reply from them after 2 weeks saying this is not the correct email address responsible for my complaint and gave me the link of International email inquiry service page for visa application overseas. I replied to them saying I complained the refusal decision according to their guidelines so please accept it. After a week, I got an email from Entry clearance manager of BKK UKVI office, the one responsible for my visa refusal, to provide supporting documents for my complaint. After a couple of days, I got an apology from ECM of BKK office for their mistake and visa refusal decision was overturned.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Adisaolubusayo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank to everyone for sharing their experiences to help others.I wont like to know if a reminder message would be best,as i'm still waiting patiently to hearing from the enquiry office which i sent my complaint letter to.It over a week now that i sent my visa detail to them and i have not hear from them
Old Apr 25th 2018, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Hi!

Did you hear anything back from them?

Originally Posted by GapYear
This is quite helpful LilyMay. I will do likewise and post the outcome here. Thank you once again.
Thank you for the best wishes!
GapYear
Old Apr 28th 2018, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Got my refusal overturned the same way

Hi Alexandra,

Both you and lilymay have inspired us to do the same. After emailing our complaint with all the necessary documents a week letter we received the same email as lilymay did where they state they cannot deal with international queries.

Did you get the same kind of response? We’ve emailed back the way lilymay states in her OP.

Do you have any advice for us?

Originally Posted by Aleksandra
Hi LilyMay and everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.