Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Jun 4th 2019, 5:47 am
Just Joined

ska_abbas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

My name is <snip> and I have been working for British Council Pakistan as a permanent staff member since November 2011. I currently have a 05-year visit visa for the UK, which was issued on behalf of the British Council.

I recently applied for visit visa to the UK for my wife and two daughters for spending their summer vacations in the UK. I was their sponsor and we were using my sister’s accommodation in the UK.

The Entry Clearance Officer in Abu Dhabi refused their visa without any right to appeal and gave the following reasons:

· The sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to comply with the immigration rules

· You intent to travel to the UK with your children. You have indicated on your application form that you are unemployed and financially reliant on your spouse. I note he has been issued a visit visa on and his intention and circumstances assessment as sufficient to support himself on a trip to the UK. However, the fact that you are travelling with all your children and that your spouse currently holds a valid UK visa diminishes your ties to Pakistan. Furthermore, it is only 4 weeks since your husband submitted his application and stated you would not be travelling with him. It is not clear why your travel plans have changed so soon and why you did not apply for a visa at the same time as him. This damages the credibility of the information contained within your application.

The Entry Clearance Officer based his/her decision on two grounds;

1. That I <snip> who already has a UK visa and the fact that my family will be travelling with me diminishes our ties to Pakistan

I have a 14-year travel history of travelling to the UK; as a student from 2005-2008, as Post Study Work Permit from 2009 – 2011, and then on my official visits to the UK on behalf of the British Council between 2013 - 2019. I submitted my visa history as part of sponsor’s documents, official employment letter from the British Council, confirming that I am a permanent employee who is going to the UK with family and my travel dates, and I also submitted letter from my daughter’s schools confirming the visit and the return dates. What I fail to understand is if this doesn’t confirm my ties to Pakistan and our intention to travel to the UK and then return, then what does?

2. Furthermore, it is only 4 weeks since your husband submitted his application and stated you would not be travelling with him. It is not clear why your travel plans have changed so soon and why you did not apply for a visa at the same time as him.

I currently hold a 05-year visit visa to the UK and the fact that Entry Clearance Officer made a reference to my application which I applied 04 weeks ago in my wife’s refusal letter. I was travelling on an official visit to the UK from 28 May – 01 June along with Federal Minister for Education for an MOU signing ceremony, which was clearly mentioned in my visa application backed by a visa support letter from the British Council. My family was not travelling with me on that visit. Why would I say in my application that my family is travelling with me when they are not?

I fail to understand that with my official letters from the British Council, letter from my daughter’s school and with my 14 years travel history to the UK, why did the Entry Clearance Officer have a suspicion on our intentions?

I was wondering what legal options do I have in order to take this matter further as I strongly believe that this decision is biased and ECO failed to consider all the relevant documents submitted with the application.

Any help in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 4th 2019 at 6:10 am.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 6:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Hi, welcome to BE.

You'll notice that I have removed your full name from your post, BE is a public forum, so it's not a good idea to put that on here.

Originally Posted by ska_abbas
What I fail to understand is if this doesn’t confirm my ties to Pakistan and our intention to travel to the UK and then return, then what does?
It's not your ties they're looking for though, it's your wife's. You say you've got a 5 year visitor visa but then mention your family coming over for summer vacations. How long are you staying in the UK?

Hopefully some of our forum pros will see your post and be able to advise, but in all honestly, from what you've said, I'd have been amazed if your wife had been granted a visitor visa.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your message and for advising on the name.

She is a house-wife; our daughters have been studying in a school, I have a full time permanent job for past 08 years. Isnt this good enough? She has also traveled to the UK before, and our elder daughter was born in the UK. I was on post-study work permit then, and we came back to Pakistan before my post-study work visa expired.

I am based in Pakistan and travel to the UK on official visits on behalf of my employer. I was also accompanying my family in this visit and I had submitted a letter from my employer confirming that I will be returning in July.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 6:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ska_abbas
Thanks for your message and for advising on the name.

She is a house-wife; our daughters have been studying in a school, I have a full time permanent job for past 08 years. Isnt this good enough? She has also traveled to the UK before, and our elder daughter was born in the UK. I was on post-study work permit then, and we came back to Pakistan before my post-study work visa expired.

I am based in Pakistan and travel to the UK on official visits on behalf of my employer. I was also accompanying my family in this visit and I had submitted a letter from my employer confirming that I will be returning in July.
Ah, I see - it sounded like you were in the UK working and they were coming over to visit you.

As I said, the forum pros will hopefully see this and respond. I'm not sure what 'legal options' you have if it's been refused and you've been told you can't appeal, but they will know. They may also be able to suggest other things your wife can show as ties to Pakistan to strengthen another application.
Old Jun 19th 2019, 11:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You’re still talking about your ties to Pakistan, not your wife’s. She is the applicant and needs to meet the requirements herself; you having met them previously for your application is not sufficient. The ECO has set out their concerns clearly - it’s up to your wife to submit a fresh application and address them if she still wants a visa.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’re still talking about your ties to Pakistan, not your wife’s. She is the applicant and needs to meet the requirements herself; you having met them previously for your application is not sufficient. The ECO has set out their concerns clearly - it’s up to your wife to submit a fresh application and address them if she still wants a visa.
Dear
Thanks for your message, We are re-applying for the visa next week and these are the documents we are presenting to show our ties with Pakistan. I shall be grateful, if you can please guide if I am on the right track;

Along with this letter, I am also submitting the following documents which confirm our ties with Pakistan and hereby confirm our intentions to visit the UK as a visitor and leave the UK at the end of our visit.

· Letter and Fee Challan from Beaconhouse School System (Education Services Limited) confirming that our daughters (S since 01 September 2014, and Z since 01 September 2016) They will be joining the school on 19 August 2019, after we return. The Fee Challan is of July 2019, which has been paid as well.

· Visa support letter from British Council (Reference Number: ABC) confirming employment for my husband his joining date, current position, salary, travel dates and our details and our intention to travel. The letter also details out the travel he has done in last few years on behalf of the British Council

· Property which is owned by my husband in Pakistan along with details of the car he owns here in Pakistan

· Affidavit from me and my husband confirming our travel dates and intention

· Family Registration Certificate and National ID Cards of my parents which clearly states that they are permanently based in Pakistan and re-confirms my ties in the country.

· Family registration Certificate and National ID Cards of my husband’s parents and my parents in law, which confirm that they are also based in Pakistan and re-confirm my husband’s and my ties with Pakistan.

· Return Ticket booking, confirming the flight we intend to use and our travel dates

· My sister in law was based in Italy before moving to the UK in 2017; we visited them twice; in 2014 and then in 2016 for tourism and returned to Pakistan at the end of our visit. Our Travel history along with our Reporting Dates at Italian Embassy Islamabad are also attached.

· The Entry Clearance Officer who refused our previous visa applications, also questioned that why we didn’t submit our applications along with my husband in April 2019. My husband was expected to accompany Federal Minister for Education Mr. Shafqat Mehmood for a study tour to the UK from 28 May – 01 June 2019. We were not accompanying him in that visit; hence he didn’t mention our names in his visa application. I am attaching the British Council Pakistan visa support letter (Reference Number: AA) and British Council UK Invitation letter (BB) confirming the purpose of his travel at that time and his application for long term visa. These letters were submitted along with his visa application in April 2019.

Many thanks
Old Sep 14th 2019, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Dk123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone
Thanks to this forum and LilyMay who encouraged me to complain against my visit Visa refusal. I did complain as discussed in this forum. My visit visa was refused because of financial and personal circumstances. After reading the refusal letter I found out some mistakes related to my income and ECO claimed that it is mentioned in my application but nowhere in my application it is mentioned. My point of complaint was that ECO didn't properly read and processed my application and supporting documents. After week of complain I received another refusal letter and they just made corrections to those mistakes which I found out in the first refusal letter. Even though they didn't apologise for they mistakes they made. My request is to all group members who can help or give some suggestions.
Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2020, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Paria is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dk123
Hello everyone
Thanks to this forum and LilyMay who encouraged me to complain against my visit Visa refusal. I did complain as discussed in this forum. My visit visa was refused because of financial and personal circumstances. After reading the refusal letter I found out some mistakes related to my income and ECO claimed that it is mentioned in my application but nowhere in my application it is mentioned. My point of complaint was that ECO didn't properly read and processed my application and supporting documents. After week of complain I received another refusal letter and they just made corrections to those mistakes which I found out in the first refusal letter. Even though they didn't apologise for they mistakes they made. My request is to all group members who can help or give some suggestions.
Thanks
hi would you please update , what did you do after re-refusal ?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 12:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paria
hi would you please update , what did you do after re-refusal ?
Hi and welcome to BE.
Rather than post on an old thread, please start a new one and ask any questions you want answering. Include why you're looking for information on visa refusals, for example have you recently had a visa refused?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Paria is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi and welcome to BE.
Rather than post on an old thread, please start a new one and ask any questions you want answering. Include why you're looking for information on visa refusals, for example have you recently had a visa refused?
Hi , thank you for the reply. where do I need to start ? Here ? Under this post ?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 4:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paria
Hi , thank you for the reply. where do I need to start ? Here ? Under this post ?
No worries - on the index page (the one that lists all the threads) you'll see a brown button that says 'New Thread'. Click on that and away you go.