Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Jan 30th 2019, 1:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by Lozbowler

the thing is why should we have to reapply?? It costs a lot of money. And the reasons for refusal are not valid.
my boyfriend was refused for similar reasons, they said they didn’t think he could afford the trip (even though I showed family business accounts earning over £150,000, with a letter from his brother saying this money was available to him) however the main issue was I acted as a sponsor (showing earnings of 25k a year and savings of £4,000), they didn’t mention me anywhere in the refusal. Thy also lied and said he didn’t show enough reasons to return (rental contract, assets etc) when we showed a rental contract dated and paid up until September and showed car ownership paperwork. It was all lies.
And now I have had the same replied as you. It’s not fair that some of the people on this forum have had decisions overturned and we are getting nothing
The thing is, that looking at it as a third party, I wouldn't accept the above either. A business account with the brother saying it's available to him isn't the same as having money in his own named account. A rental agreement only until Sept and car ownership isn't a tie at all. What other ties did he provide?

Old Jan 30th 2019, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Lozbowler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The thing is, that looking at it as a third party, I wouldn't accept the above either. A business account with the brother saying it's available to him isn't the same as having money in his own named account. A rental agreement only until Sept and car ownership isn't a tie at all. What other ties did he provide?
A rental contract paid in full up front until September isnt a tie? Also university fees paid in full for the whole year? And a 5grand car? We only showed the business account to prove how he paid for rent and uni fees, nothing to do with the visa. The thing is a sponsor is allowed. So why is it ok for them to ignore all sponsor details?? The sponsor was paying for the whole trip.
ive seen many applications a lot less extensive than ours get accepted. Or overturned. This is the issue here.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't fully know how it is really,as I'm not an expert on visitor visas nor visas in general, but I believe situation becomes complicated if information provided is confusing.

As you mentioned some applicants with much less documentation might receive visas. My sister in law had visa granted without single payslip or bank statement (I'm actually still amazed how), but she had strong reason for visit - brother's wedding invitation, clear place to stay - land registry/mortgage statement, and good ties back to home country - teacher at public sector with letter from employer giving her holiday for certain number of days. She is unmarried, no kids, no house, no car, no rent. We did write good cover letter as well.

But I assume application in general should make sense. What I realized over past so many years is, whoever says more is better than not enough, is partially wrong. Enough documentation should be presented not too many not too little. When one submits too many supporting documents case becomes confusing. Case worker does not know which bank statement should be taken into consideration, if you are sponsoring or just writing a letter. There is not much they will lose by not granting visa, but they might be in trouble if they are not convinced but still grant.
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Did everyone receive a response from the complaints email address within the 3 weeks that they say they will respond in?
my first email to them will be 3 weeks on Wednesday. And the second email where they asked for applicants authorisation will be 3 weeks on Friday.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Mran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What was the reason/s given for refusing your visa? Can you scan the refusal letter and post it here? Please remove any information that would identify you.

Hi all,

i received email from Complaints that ECO has accepted their mistake and are reconsidering my application and will notify me of decision shortly.Now waiting patiently for their response.

Is their a good chance they will overturn the decision if they have accepted their mistake?

Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mran

Hi all,

i received email from Complaints that ECO has accepted their mistake and are reconsidering my application and will notify me of decision shortly.Now waiting patiently for their response.

Is their a good chance they will overturn the decision if they have accepted their mistake?

Can I ask how long it took for them to get back to you? From your original email to them?
Old Feb 5th 2019, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Can I ask how long it took for them to get back to you? From your original email to them?
3 weeks and 2 days to be exact .
Old Feb 7th 2019, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Did everyone receive a response from the complaints email address within the 3 weeks that they say they will respond in?
my first email to them will be 3 weeks on Wednesday. And the second email where they asked for applicants authorisation will be 3 weeks on Friday.
Any luck with complaint?
Old Feb 7th 2019, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Any luck with complaint?
Not yet. It’s been 3 weeks and 1 day now, so tomorrow will be the same time as you, I’m keepimg my fingers crossed for a reply tomorrow.
You said your email said they will reconsider your application, so they haven’t actually said they will overturn decision? Have you heard anything else yet?
Old Feb 7th 2019, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Not yet. It’s been 3 weeks and 1 day now, so tomorrow will be the same time as you, I’m keepimg my fingers crossed for a reply tomorrow.
You said your email said they will reconsider your application, so they haven’t actually said they will overturn decision? Have you heard anything else yet?
I had reply last Friday and tomorrow exact one week when they said they are reconsidering.No output so far.Still waiting,apparently they are looking for another silly reason not to grant the visa I think.You can expect any thing.

i don’t know what happened to people on this forum ,whether the decision was overturned straight away or they were same like reconsider application and then over turn I m lost again.☹️

Good of luck with your complaint let’s hope they give you positive reply today/tomorrow
Old Feb 9th 2019, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lozbowler,

did you received any reply/mail back?

Old Feb 10th 2019, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Vietnamese is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

There wasn’t any mistake admitted or apology in my case. I think that your case is likely to be overturned because they accepted their mistake. Just be more patient, they will get back to you.
Good luck! 🤞🏻
Old Feb 10th 2019, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lozbowler,

did you received any reply/mail back?

Yep! They admitted their mistake of ignoring the sponsors documents but said they cannot overturn the decision as they still believe he won’t return after the trip. I should have known that I would be the only
one on here not to get any luck. I’m used to it now.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vietnamese

There wasn’t any mistake admitted or apology in my case. I think that your case is likely to be overturned because they accepted their mistake. Just be more patient, they will get back to you.
Good luck! 🤞🏻
Thanks still waiting for outcome.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,
they have asked my mum to resubmit her passport 😀 which apparently means that they are issuing her visa.Phew
But they have refused my sister application again !😡 reason of refusal is “ she is single,studying and will not return after visit as she has little ties back home”
this is rediculous.We have provided all the family details,her college enrolment and her joint account with my mum showing around 2500£ money .Now ECO said is not satisfied that she will return .

Does that means she need to get married first to come to UK?have job?then ECO will be satisfied that she will return?

in application it is clearly mentioned that my mum will fund her visit.Now I have 2 questions
1.what should be the next step ?complaint?or reapply and what are chances of complaint again that they will overturn decision
2.Even if we reapply her circumstances will be the same that she will still be single n studying and unemployed what will be the chances then?

i am lost again.Please help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.