Standard Visitor Visa-Private Medical Treatment

Old Jul 10th 2018, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Nnohaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Standard Visitor Visa-Private Medical Treatment

Hi guys, we were just advised by an immigration law firm in UK that we can’t use standard visitor visa-private medical treatment for my purpose of giving birth there even with using our own funds. Is this true? Is there anyone of you who did this route and was permitted? Please advise. I’m with Philippine passport married to a British by descent. Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 10th 2018, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa-Private Medical Treatment

Originally Posted by Nnohaj
Hi guys, we were just advised by an immigration law firm in UK that we can’t use standard visitor visa-private medical treatment for my purpose of giving birth there even with using our own funds. Is this true? Is there anyone of you who did this route and was permitted? Please advise. I’m with Philippine passport married to a British by descent. Thanks a lot!
The first page of the Standard Visitor visa overview states that private medical treatment is included for use of the visa:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

Can't imagine what other visa the OP can use to enter the UK.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa-Private Medical Treatment

It does say that the Standard Visitor Visa has replaced several other temporary visas, including one for private medical treatment.