is SS route still possible?

Old Feb 28th 2017, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Dale_Katya is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking is SS route still possible?

Hello everyone

First let me say that I generally understand all the In's and Out's of the SS route. I am British citizen with non EEA spouse, we are currently NOT in another member state, soon we will choose and go, possibly Ireland / Cyprus for ease of finding some work.

However given the recent news regarding the UK possibly setting some sort of deadline by which EU nationals must be in or out of the UK in order to be able to eventually qualify for residency and IDR (indefinite leave to remain).

Is the SS route still possible? as I understood that whilst the UK is still a part of the EU, even during the 2 year negotiation period, all EU rules etc would still apply... thus SS still possible for 2 years from the date the UK gives notice.

Is this correct?

Thank you
Dale
Old Feb 28th 2017, 7:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is SS route still possible?

Originally Posted by Dale_Katya
Hello everyone

First let me say that I generally understand all the In's and Out's of the SS route. I am British citizen with non EEA spouse, we are currently NOT in another member state, soon we will choose and go, possibly Ireland / Cyprus for ease of finding some work.

However given the recent news regarding the UK possibly setting some sort of deadline by which EU nationals must be in or out of the UK in order to be able to eventually qualify for residency and IDR (indefinite leave to remain).

Is the SS route still possible? as I understood that whilst the UK is still a part of the EU, even during the 2 year negotiation period, all EU rules etc would still apply... thus SS still possible for 2 years from the date the UK gives notice.

Is this correct?

Thank you
Dale
I suspect you are getting things a bit mixed up, the deadlines are being set for people coming to the UK under the EU freedom of movement system, not for any other means, but yes, the SS route will get harder and eventually vanish, so it's worth getting it started ASAP.