SS - marriage date close to visa application date

Old Nov 25th 2014, 1:00 am
Just Joined

spooner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SS - marriage date close to visa application date

Me and my future wife are going to apply for the SS route to a family permit and head back to England. I am currently freelancing in Germany as a language teacher and was offered a full time, temporary job in England that I want to move back home for (I am a UK passport holder). I will marry my Cambodian partner in December and then apply via the SS route shortly (a few weeks later).

Does the fact we will marry so close to the application date have a big impact on our application??? We feel all other requirements can be met. She is in Germany on a student (language student) visa and arrived in Sept 2014, is this also ok?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2014, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Default Re: SS - marriage date close to visa application date

to add, I took out a 1 yer lease in June 2014 with both of our names on it. My fiance joined me in September and we have been living together in the flat from this point.

please, any advice would be so greatly received!!
Old Nov 25th 2014, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Shouldn't be an issue at all but, if you are in any doubt, make sure you have some other proof of your relationship, e.g. flight tickets/boarding passes from before she arrived in Germany, emails/chat logs, letters from friends or family if you have them. This is just me being cautious though!

Don't think you will have any issues.

Lots of EEA route info on: www.immigrationboards. You can also search for SS on Facebook.
Old Nov 26th 2014, 12:00 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

This should be relevant.

Applications for EEA family permits must meet the following criteria:

- The British citizen must be residing in an EEA Member State as a worker or self-employed person or have been doing so before returning to the UK.

- If the family member of the British citizen is their spouse or civil partner, they are living together in the EEA country or must have entered into the marriage or civil partnership and have been living together in the relevant EEA country before the British citizen returned to the UK.
Old Nov 26th 2014, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Thank you both so much for your reply, it is really appreciated . I do have some further queries about our case;

My freelance work was interrupted with a broken finger, which meant I wasn't able to work (I have a written, signed and stamped dr confirmation of this, and stamped appointment slips to confirm regular treatments), will not working due to having treatment carried out on my finger impact the application - either positively or negatively?

Also in order to support me during this period of not earning, my cambodian fiances parents send me around 2000 euros for living expenses, and we also used this to help pay for the marriage. would this make the ECO lean towards marriage of convenience?