spouse visa, when to apply?

Old Oct 21st 2019, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

spopple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa, when to apply?

Hi all, so I came back to the UK from Indonesia 6 months ago and started to work within a month. My issue is when can my wife technically apply for the visa, my current period of employment started on the 3rd of June but I will have 6 months of payslips come the end of November (theres no specific date mentioned on the payslips, just month to month period) and I originallly planned to apply at the start of December...once the 3rd was passed so I had been employed for "6 months". Assuming my employee letter/contract states the 3rd will I have to wait another month after that and apply in January? I will technically have 6 months of payslips come the end of November/start of December but I guess that perod does fall short by 3 days but its still 6 months of full payslips. If I do have to wait a month and apply with July/August/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec payslip.....I like many others get paid early in December so that causes another potential issue in regards to a "full" payslip?

Thanks for any help
Old Nov 6th 2019, 12:42 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa, when to apply?

You can apply from 3 December providing that your gross June salary when multiplied by 12 is more than £18,600.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

I didnt even get a notification for this reply, bit late to notice it lol, thanks for the reply anyway. Sadly my June pay was lower than the other months due to overtime being carried into the following month and June being the first month I started, my pay for the last 6 months is about 12k though, would it be best to wait until the December payslip (even though thats not technically a full payslip either as its paid early)?

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2019, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in non salaried employment the following formula is used:

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:
Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6 multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

You say you have earned 12K in past 6 months. If you are, indeed, non salaried, then do the calculation as per above formula.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the reply but its not the financial side I am worried about, its the date that I can apply on. I am employed for 6 months come the 3rd of December but as of now I have the June/July/August/Sept/Oct/Nov payslips which are 6 full payslips and my average of those payslips is plenty above the minimum amount. I am worrying whether or not its an issue to apply using these or if I should wait til I get my December payslip (which will be early so if I did apply with Dec payslip it will be somewhere around the 20th, not sure if that will make a difference to the HO?) and apply with the Jul/Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec payslips instead. Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As BIP said if your average income equates to 18,600 or more then you can use June to November payslips.

Just as an aside - even though your December payslip might be issued early (due to Christmas) it would still be regarded as a payslip for the whole of December.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Nov 29th 2019 at 4:33 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, I have definitely earned enough so im happy to go ahead, I have had a few people now tell me that its ok to apply even with the few day overlap in pay I think I will go ahead unless someone provides me with hard proof that its a better idea to wait but given the christmas time period and how busy/closed offices will be I ideally want to get it done this week coming instead of waiting for what will probably end up turning into a month + delay !
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the help guys but ive decided to wait until the December payslip just because the guidelines do state that you have to have been in the 6 months prior to application and I guess an overzealous caseworker will notice the few days discrepancy.