Spouse visa.. waiting for decision.

Old May 15th 2018, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

weddingBug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa.. waiting for decision.

I live in the States, I have an Indian passport. And the emergency travel is to Dubai.

So, quite complicated unfortunately. I’m a resident of the States but an Indian citizen
Old May 16th 2018, 12:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weddingBug
I live in the States, I have an Indian passport. And the emergency travel is to Dubai.

So, quite complicated unfortunately. I’m a resident of the States but an Indian citizen
Not a lot you can do other than hope your visa is issued in time. I obviously don't know the circumstances but an emergency situation which requires your presence in five weeks' time doesn't sound like an emergency. Obviously you will need to make your own decision but given the time, money and inconvenience of putting your life on hold for another three or four months I would personally wait it out regardless.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for the advice. The date is due to a scheduled surgery of a family member. I’m willing to jeapordize the application and apply again if I have to, the travel is of major importance here, although the visa would be a huge weight off my shoulders too. I want to give it at least some chance of getting done since we put so much time money and effort into it. I’ve read horror stories of decisions being made and then the passport not arriving in the mail for far more than 10 business days.

I haven’t found any timelines or experiences of how long a passport takes to be returned after a withdrawal. I either just pull out now or wait it out. The timelines I’m seeing of others don’t leave me feeling too optimistic
Old May 16th 2018, 2:07 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the advice. The date is due to a scheduled surgery of a family member. I’m willing to jeapordize the application and apply again if I have to, the travel is of major importance here, although the visa would be a huge weight off my shoulders too. I want to give it at least some chance of getting done since we put so much time money and effort into it. I’ve read horror stories of decisions being made and then the passport not arriving in the mail for far more than 10 business days.

I haven’t found any timelines or experiences of how long a passport takes to be returned after a withdrawal. I either just pull out now or wait it out. The timelines I’m seeing of others don’t leave me feeling too optimistic
This is your dilemma; even withdrawing your application now will not guarantee its return in time whereas if you wait it may be issued in time. Your family member's surgery could equally be delayed or cancelled. I would just wait, even if it means travelling to Dubai at a later date.
Old May 22nd 2018, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

I've withdrawn my application - did it on Friday last week. I stated very clearly that I would like my passport back and not to cancel the application when I wrote to Sheffield, if possible, due to the emergency. They processed the withdrawal that very day, and I am hoping to have my passport back this week. It was too stressful to think of not having it back in time. I understand your line of thought regarding rescheduling the surgery - all I can say is there is absolutely no way I could not be there, as tough as it was to pull out of the application.

Now it comes down to what I'm going to do after the trip. One rather expensive route would be to get my passport back and re-apply using the Premium Settlement Package, which allows you to keep your passport. That way I can go on the trip and come back - at least the clock will start ticking for the 30 BD. I just hope this withdrawal does not jeopardize the second application. Does anyone on here know if I have to submit my passport in person to the visa application centre once a decision is made? I know I can authorize another person to pick it up, but is there an option to courier it in as well?
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:10 pm

I've withdrawn my application - did it on Friday last week. I stated very clearly that I would like my passport back and not to cancel the application when I wrote to Sheffield, if possible, due to the emergency. They processed the withdrawal that very day, and I am hoping to have my passport back this week. It was too stressful to think of not having it back in time. I understand your line of thought regarding rescheduling the surgery - all I can say is there is absolutely no way I could not be there, as tough as it was to pull out of the application.

Now it comes down to what I'm going to do after the trip. One rather expensive route would be to get my passport back and re-apply using the Premium Settlement Package, which allows you to keep your passport. That way I can go on the trip and come back - at least the clock will start ticking for the 30 BD. I just hope this withdrawal does not jeopardize the second application. Does anyone on here know if I have to submit my passport in person to the visa application centre once a decision is made? I know I can authorize another person to pick it up, but is there an option to courier it in as well?
At this point I would go to Dubai and not think about reapplying until you are safely back in the US with sufficient time.
Old Jun 10th 2018, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Mykal666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Online application on 08/03/18
Biometric enrolment 12/03/18
Acknowledgent email 19/03/18
06/08/18 was the 60th business day after taking 4 bank holidays in account. My wife is my British sponsor and she is quite impatient so she called the contact centre on 04/06/18 day 56 and they told her that a decision has been made on my application and i would get an email shortly. Reading forums such as this we have seen the centre has given incorrect information so i decided to call on 08/06/18 and a different person told me the decision was made .. im a US citizen ive been with my wife 5 yrs married three. It very nerve wracking with waiting all the time weve been together planning n wanting to be together permanently is coming down to this . I wonder how long its going to be since we dont even know what day the decision was made. Does it take a certain amount of time to notify if its approved so can put the vignette in the passport and get the brp ready or does it take the same amount of time if its been declined .. ive searched and searched for answers hints and clues....
Old Sep 25th 2018, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Uzma hashmi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
is there anyone who is waiting for a spouse visa decision from outside UK for 9 months or more?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Diamond11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Uzma hashmi
Hi all
is there anyone who is waiting for a spouse visa decision from outside UK for 9 months or more?
hey, are you still waiting?
Its been just over 120 days (6 months) for me still waiting for a decision ...hope you have received a decision...
Old Jan 26th 2019, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Ruksana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

i submitted my spouse visa Application on 07/01/2019 biometrics was on 14/01/2019 and documents were sent on 21/01/2019. Please pray for me and my husband. I can't go a day without thinking about him I know we just applied a few weeks ago but we can't wait to be together..... it feels like it's taking ages. Xx
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:06 am
Just Joined

amounty2394 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Guys:
I’ve got a weird situation. Applying for the spousal visa priority. Due to I am pregnant. My husband is a British citizen. And I’m a born and raised American citizen. We applied online 07/02/19 my biometrics is 19/02/19. I was wondering do we submit our supporting document before or after biometrics appointment. And if anyone else has dealt with priority while being pregnant?? And if the chances of being rejected is high? We have all documents based on checklist and lawyers words. Also how’s long is priority supposed to take? Also does the start date start when you apply online or biometrics date?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by amounty2394
Hello Guys:
I’ve got a weird situation. Applying for the spousal visa priority. Due to I am pregnant. My husband is a British citizen. And I’m a born and raised American citizen. We applied online 07/02/19 my biometrics is 19/02/19. I was wondering do we submit our supporting document before or after biometrics appointment. And if anyone else has dealt with priority while being pregnant?? And if the chances of being rejected is high? We have all documents based on checklist and lawyers words. Also how’s long is priority supposed to take? Also does the start date start when you apply online or biometrics date?
You submit your supporting documents at the time of your biometrics appointment if they are to be scanned or send by post to Sheffield directly after your appointment. The start date is the date of your biometrics appointment. Being pregnant has no bearing on whether your application will be successful or not. When is your due date? Do you intend to give birth in the US or UK?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by amounty2394
Hello Guys:
Are you applying from the USA ? Or are you in the UK on another type of visa
Old Mar 19th 2019, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

goodw394 is an unknown quantity at this point

As it was a priority application we were told we would receive result in 30 working days which was on 13.03.2019
I contacted UKVI thrice and the advisers confirmed every time that the decision was made on 06.03.019
Last call we made was on 15th march and were asked to wait for 10 working days to get a confirmation. On hearing nothing till now I contacted them again today quoting the reference no. of last call only to get a response saying they can not do anything about it and the only option we have is to wait.

I am just getting a bit tensed, worried and confused about the whole situation. We don't really know who to contact and get an update on passport delivery and visa decision.

I have also tried contacting VFS via email but no response from them at all too ..

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 19th 2019 at 5:01 pm. Reason: Timeline removed - we have a separate thread for that.
Old May 3rd 2019, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Amal0123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had applied for my wifes spouse visa PBS tier 4 spouse visa.i havent recieved any confirmation about the despatch.i applied on 17th of april in priority service.Even if its a priority service still today no updates are made to me.any one please give me a suggestion.when i emailed them they say the decision has already been made and waiting for despatch...they even say they dont know the result of the decision..somebody please help.me with some suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.