Spouse Visa - Using Investments as Cash Savings

Old Oct 13th 2020, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

blitzin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - Using Investments as Cash Savings

I have read through many posts here about the cash savings requirements, and still need clarification on this.
The Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE says in Evidence of Financial Requirements under Appendix FM, paragraph 11 a:
11A. In respect of cash savings:
  1. (a) The savings may be held in any form of bank/savings account (whether a current, deposit or investment account, provided by a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating), provided that the account allows the savings to be accessed immediately (with or without a penalty for withdrawing funds without notice). This can include savings held in a pension savings account which can be immediately withdrawn.
It says the savings can be in any form of bank/savings account including investment accounts, including savings in a pension savings account which can be immediately withdrawn.
I have several investment accounts from which I can withdraw cash as needed (and have done so) which would satisfy the savings requirement.
It's just ambiguous enough to raise questions though. Has anyone here had direct experience with using investments for the cash savings requirement?
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 1:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Using Investments as Cash Savings

Many posters have successfully applied using investment accounts. You just need to provide evidence that the accounts fulfil the necessary requirements, e.g. a letter from the financial institution confirming your ability to withdraw money from the accounts immediately.