Spouse Visa - USC cert andor Laos Birth Cert?

Old Mar 25th 2014, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Spouse Visa - USC cert andor Laos Birth Cert?

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could advise. My USC wife will be applying for the spouse visa using savings route. She was born in Laos but has been a US Citizen since 1986. She has a copy of her Laos Birth Certificate written in Lao and French. Should I send both her US Citizen Certificate and her Laos birth Cert or will just the USC certificate suffice?
Cheers
Nigel
Old Mar 25th 2014, 2:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - USC cert andor Laos Birth Cert?

I presume she is applying with her US passport?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I presume she is applying with her US passport?
yes, I will mail that along with her US Citizen certificate. But should I also include the Laos birth cert. Its pure luck she has one, none of her other family members have theirs. I think they were all disposed of while they were in refugee camps in Thailand in the early 80s. Hers reappeared through coincidence many decades later. They entered the US as refugees in 84. Its in French/Lao and the birth date is one day different to her US Citizen cert and all other docs. What do you think?
Cheers
Nigel
Old Mar 26th 2014, 12:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ncoomber
yes, I will mail that along with her US Citizen certificate. But should I also include the Laos birth cert. Its pure luck she has one, none of her other family members have theirs. I think they were all disposed of while they were in refugee camps in Thailand in the early 80s. Hers reappeared through coincidence many decades later. They entered the US as refugees in 84. Its in French/Lao and the birth date is one day different to her US Citizen cert and all other docs. What do you think?
Cheers
Nigel
She shouldn't need to provide anything other than her US passport in that regard.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
She shouldn't need to provide anything other than her US passport in that regard.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf
Thanks, I wont send it
Cheers
Nigel