Spouse Visa to UK Timeline Questions

Old May 31st 2018, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Gman1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spouse Visa to UK Timeline Questions

I have been researching a lot of pages online to try and find some explanation of the timeline of the Spouse visa. (Most of my questions are on what happens after the visa is granted).
I have a few questions about the spouse visa timelines which i cant seem to find anywhere..
1. Firstly, once the visa is granted, how long do you have to enter the country before it is invalid? Can you apply to extend this period?
2. Does entering the country on day 1 or the final day of this window impact your chances of success in extending the visa or ILR?

In order to qualify for ILR she will need to be in the country for a continuous period of 5 years.
3. I've noticed in this document (attached) that it mentions a limit of leaving the country for 180 days per year (depending on the circumstances and visa) - i did not see a mention of this limitation with regards to a spouse visa? Can you clarify what this means?
4. Would we be able to go travelling for 3-4 months during those 5 years? What about normal holidays of 2-3 weeks?

If you have any supporting links or documents I would appreciate it.

Thanks !
G
Attached Files