Spouse visa UK, so confused!

Old Feb 23rd 2019, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Rinkydink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa UK, so confused!

Hello lovelies, can anyone perhaps assist? I'm an expat with a south African husband. We're wishing to move to the UK to be closer to my elderly parents. We have been in New Zealand for 3 years, in permanent employment the whole time and together, earning £74 000 per annum.
Would we apply under Category A in the visa? Would I need a job offer or not? And do we still need savings? I've gone through the guides over and over but can't make sense of them � ����

Last edited by Rinkydink; Feb 23rd 2019 at 8:29 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse visa UK, so confused!

You'll need a job offer in the UK to start in 3 months (I don't know from when, though, whether that's from the date of application or entry to the UK) as well as proof of income in New Zealand. If you have both you don't need any savings.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 9:13 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa UK, so confused!

If your salaried income, just yours, not your husband's, is over £18,600 pa and you have a job offer in the UK starting within three months of your proposed return also earning over £18,600 then you can meet the financial requirements under Category A. You don't need any additional savings.

Does your husband have any recent British, Irish or other European ancestry?