Spouse Visa UK - British husband & Malaysian wife

Old Jun 1st 2017, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

AG_222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa UK - British husband & Malaysian wife

Hi there, I would really appreciate any input.

I have been offered a job in KL for RM5,000 a month but it's not enough to cover the costs I have in London. Therefore, my fiance and I are planning every possible way to make sure we can be together, either stay in KL or have my fiance move to London.

We have read that we need to show proof of evidence that we've been living together for 4 years but due to our faith, we are not allowed to do that before marriage.

We are getting married next year, both of our families agreed with a solemnization ceremony to take place in KL and a small reception in London.

I already have a good career in London and definitely making more than RM5,000 a month, how can my future wife and I stay together when she has to wait for her visa to process while being married and we could not show our living together prior to marriage (due to faith) and can't even do that after marriage (due to long distance)?

We have definitely been on trips and dates but living together while dating is not allowed.

Last edited by AG_222; Jun 1st 2017 at 3:03 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Spouse Visa UK - British husband & Malaysian wife

How do I move this thread to the right forum category, which is: Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats

Thank you for your assistance.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 6:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AG_222
How do I move this thread to the right forum category, which is: Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats

Thank you for your assistance.
Done.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Done.
Thank you very much, moneypenny!
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I would really appreciate any input.

I have been offered a job in KL for RM5,000 a month but it's not enough to cover the costs I have in London. Therefore, my fiance and I are planning every possible way to make sure we can be together, either stay in KL or have my fiance move to London.

We have read that we need to show proof of evidence that we've been living together for 4 years but due to our faith, we are not allowed to do that before marriage.

We are getting married next year, both of our families agreed with a solemnization ceremony to take place in KL and a small reception in London.

I already have a good career in London and definitely making more than RM5,000 a month, how can my future wife and I stay together when she has to wait for her visa to process while being married and we could not show our living together prior to marriage (due to faith) and can't even do that after marriage (due to long distance)?

We have definitely been on trips and dates but living together while dating is not allowed.
If you cannot supply any evidence that you and your fiance living together for two years, you will need to wait until you two get marry in order to apply for your wife's UK spouse visa.

Are you British or have Indefinite Leave to Remain?
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HKG3
If you cannot supply any evidence that you and your fiance living together for two years, you will need to wait until you two get marry in order to apply for your wife's UK spouse visa.

Are you British or have Indefinite Leave to Remain?
Yes I am British (UKC) while my future wife is Malaysian.

I have decided to keep my job in London (as the salary is higher than the one offered in Malaysia).

Since I'm keeping my job in London after marriage, how can I show proof that I have been living with my wife for 2 years (since she is in Malaysia)? We would still be in separated countries.

How can we go about this?
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:31 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am British (UKC) while my future wife is Malaysian.

I have decided to keep my job in London (as the salary is higher than the one offered in Malaysia).

Since I'm keeping my job in London after marriage, how can I show proof that I have been living with my wife for 2 years (since she is in Malaysia)? We would still be in separated countries.

How can we go about this?
you can't, but if you are married you don't have to, the two years is for unmarried couples.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
you can't, but if you are married you don't have to, the two years is for unmarried couples.
Thank you so much for the clarification.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Default k o: Spouse Visa UK - British husband & Malaysian wife

Based on: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

It says:

"Joining your partner

You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship.

You must be one of the following:

- married or civil partners
- living together in a relationship for 2 years
- engaged to be married or to become civil partners"

It is only one of the following above and not all of it right?

If I married my future wife and I have a job in London, how do I show proof of living with my future wife for 2 years when I have to return to the UK for work and not stay in Malaysia for 2 years.

And how soon can we apply for the spouse visa once we have gathered all the documents in the checklist?

Last edited by AG_222; Jun 2nd 2017 at 10:53 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 10:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It says:

"Joining your partner

You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship.

You must be one of the following:

- married or civil partners
- living together in a relationship for 2 years
- engaged to be married or to become civil partners"

It is only one of the following above and not all of it right?

If I married my future wife and I have a job in London, how do I show proof of living with my future wife for 2 years when I have to return to the UK for work and not stay in Malaysia for 2 years.

And hoping that our application is completed, how soon can we apply for the spouse visa?
It's as you have stated ONE of the following, doesn't say ALL
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 12:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k o: Spouse Visa UK - British husband & Malaysian wife

Not quite sure I understand this. If your wife is successful in her application for a settlement visa (spouse), then she moves to the UK with you. It's a visa to settle in the UK with your spouse.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Not quite sure I understand this. If your wife is successful in her application for a settlement visa (spouse), then she moves to the UK with you. It's a visa to settle in the UK with your spouse.
I suspect the OP thinks the two year living together requirement applies to him, whereas he has been told more than once that it doesn't as they will be married.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the OP thinks the two year living together requirement applies to him, whereas he has been told more than once that it doesn't as they will be married.
Ah, thanks Mike
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I just wanted double, triple confirmation. As I've read differently in other forums (some say we need 4 years or 2 years of living together as married couple before applying for a spouse visa)

It's just making us confused. My apologies for that.

Other than that, I'm very clear about it now. Thank you, everybody!
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:43 pm
Concierge

Yes I just wanted double, triple confirmation. As I've read differently in other forums (some say we need 4 years or 2 years of living together as married couple before applying for a spouse visa)

It's just making us confused. My apologies for that.

Other than that, I'm very clear about it now. Thank you, everybody!
Forget what you hear on other forums, you get the best, and correct, advice on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.