spouse visa in the UK

Old Jun 11th 2018, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

sgitw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa in the UK

Hello,

I have a question with regard to my wife's application where I am the sponsor.
I have a annual salary that is more than the required threshold for more than 5 years, over 18,600 (none child).
The application is going to go in around October, but i am about to switch my permanent employment to contracting, where I will be a self-employed person under my own Limited company from the beginning o July (Company just registered in early June 2018).

I am due to switch to contracting under my Limited company from mid July 2018. which means i will end my permanent contract from Mid July 2018.
That leave me about 3 month period of trading record for my limited company, I had a look at Category F and G.
Where F is using the income from The last full financial year
Where G is using the average income from the last two financial year

I have no doubt I can meet the threshold if only i have been trading that long as self employed, but the truth is by October 2018, I will still be in my first ever financial year, as i just started in July 2018.
After reading the entire document on financial requirement, i am still confused as to what i can use to count for anything, and hope if anyone can shine a light for me?

Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2018, 11:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa in the UK

Why wait to apply until October? If you apply before mid-July you can simply meet the financial requirements through Category A, presuming you have been employed in the UK.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

thanks for this, but the issue here is this is the application for the 2nd 2.5 years. You can only apply 20 days before the expiry....so that is why....sigh
Thanks anyway
Old Jun 12th 2018, 11:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sgitw
thanks for this, but the issue here is this is the application for the 2nd 2.5 years. You can only apply 20 days before the expiry....so that is why....sigh
Thanks anyway
28 days but I take your point. You can apply sooner but it may affect your wife's ability to qualify for ILR if she falls short of five years by the time her FLR expires.

Can you delay switching to self-employment? Do you and your wife have cash savings? Is your wife in salaried employment?
Old Jun 13th 2018, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go self employed until you have applied and obtained the next visa.

Does you wife work? Her income can be used at this point

You can't use your income from self employment if your company is only starting in June 2018.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
28 days but I take your point. You can apply sooner but it may affect your wife's ability to qualify for ILR if she falls short of five years by the time her FLR expires.

Can you delay switching to self-employment? Do you and your wife have cash savings? Is your wife in salaried employment?
she has a freelance job that by the hour and last year only got around 5k, my estimate she gets average 300 a month since april 2018. But she started to do holiday letting with her own flat without mortgage, and we can see it turns around 19-20k a year. Not sure if that can be used ?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:05 am

she has a freelance job that by the hour and last year only got around 5k, my estimate she gets average 300 a month since april 2018. But she started to do holiday letting with her own flat without mortgage, and we can see it turns around 19-20k a year. Not sure if that can be used ?
A holiday let can be used. How much has the property earned in the last 12 months, or rather, how much do you expect it to earn in the 12 months prior to your wife's Leave to Remain expiring?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:30 am
Just Joined

A holiday let can be used. How much has the property earned in the last 12 months, or rather, how much do you expect it to earn in the 12 months prior to your wife's Leave to Remain expiring?
I had a look, and it seems to be more than 18,600, but as some of those figures are based on future bookings, so i guess will have to see if they cancel or....
Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:34 am

I had a look, and it seems to be more than 18,600, but as some of those figures are based on future bookings, so i guess will have to see if they cancel or....
Delaying your self-employment remains the safest option.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Delaying your self-employment remains the safest option.
Yeah, thanks or maybe i go under umbtella company for a few month..