Spouse Visa Type in Visa4UK

Old Aug 11th 2017, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

malindap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Type in Visa4UK

Hi,

I'm a British citizen who is currently living and working in the UK. I got married to a Sri Lankan last year and we are hoping to settle and live in the UK. We have got all the necessary documents and we are in the process of applying online. When I try to apply for family/spouse visa (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse) for my wife in Visa4UK, it doesn't show any relevant visa type. But it has a visa type of Settlement > Settlement >Wife. Is that the one that we should apply? I'm a bit confused on this as it's sounds more like settling and getting the UK citizenship rather spouse visa. And in our case it should be family visa first. It would be great if I can get a clear path on the visa process.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Type in Visa4UK

Originally Posted by malindap
Hi,

I'm a British citizen who is currently living and working in the UK. I got married to a Sri Lankan last year and we are hoping to settle and live in the UK. We have got all the necessary documents and we are in the process of applying online. When I try to apply for family/spouse visa (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse) for my wife in Visa4UK, it doesn't show any relevant visa type. But it has a visa type of Settlement > Settlement >Wife. Is that the one that we should apply? I'm a bit confused on this as it's sounds more like settling and getting the UK citizenship rather spouse visa. And in our case it should be family visa first. It would be great if I can get a clear path on the visa process.

Many thanks!
Settlement-Wife, that is for spouse visa application
Old Aug 12th 2017, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Thea1526 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am new here. My situation is I have applied in Abu Dhabi for settlement wife visa. I have just read blogs about the appendix that is needed for the application. I haven't submitted it. Did't here anything from UKVI about my documents submitted last July 19,2017. Anyone who knows where I can send an email about my application for I want to submit the missing documents. Hope someone can help me please.
Thanks.
Thea 1526
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many thanks!
If your wife is the applicant then Settlement > Settlement >Wife is the correct visa category.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thea1526
Hi I am new here. My situation is I have applied in Abu Dhabi for settlement wife visa. I have just read blogs about the appendix that is needed for the application. I haven't submitted it. Did't here anything from UKVI about my documents submitted last July 19,2017. Anyone who knows where I can send an email about my application for I want to submit the missing documents. Hope someone can help me please.
Thanks.
Thea 1526

I've seen this somewhere, if you check thread " Please help visa - settlement" I think.

I think you need to wait for their email requesting for you to send your missing documents. And yes you need the Appendix 2 for spouse settlement.

Please scan these documents and email them to� [email protected]� ��

Alternatively, send these documents by post to the address below.�

Home Office�

4th Floor, Vulcan House (Iron), 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NU

www.gov.uk/home-office
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for your valuable information. UK Gov website is very unclear on this and now I'm very much confident. The following are the documents that we will be submitting. It would be great if you anyone can let me know whether its fine or anything is missing.
  1. Online form
  2. Appendix 2
  3. Marriage certificate
  4. A small booklet of our pics
  5. Letter from both myself and wife stating our relationship (more like a cover letter)
  6. My British passport copy, birth certificate and citizenship certificate
  7. My employments contract and letter of employment
  8. My payslips for last 6 months and P60
  9. My bank statements for last 6 months
  10. Accommodation contract (rent) and letter from landlord
  11. Wife's English test certificate
  12. Wife's Tuberculosis test

Do we need to submit the Sponsorship Undertaking form as well? Also my wife is currently working in Sri Lanka, therefore should we submit a letter of employment also stating that she will be resigning when coming to the UK?

Thank you!
Old Aug 12th 2017, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

- Passport photographs
- Wife's passport

No you do not need to have letter of employment from wife.

No you do not need Sponsor undertaking form.

You send originals of everything plus copies .
Old Aug 12th 2017, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
- Passport photographs
- Wife's passport

No you do not need to have letter of employment from wife.

No you do not need Sponsor undertaking form.

You send originals of everything plus copies .
Thank you @SanDeigogirl. Appreciate your help a lot.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I'm having another query on the online application form in Visa4UK. Could someone tell me what should come for the following questions?

- How long do you intend to stay in the UK? (My wife will be living with me throughout so I don't know what to specify here)

- When did they arrive in the UK? (This question is regarding the Spouse/Sponsor which will be me. I was in Sri Lanka for a long time and came last year. But still I was born in the UK and a British citizen so I don't know what date to specify here)

Thanks.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 7:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'm having another query on the online application form in Visa4UK. Could someone tell me what should come for the following questions?

- How long do you intend to stay in the UK? (My wife will be living with me throughout so I don't know what to specify here)
'Indefinitely'

- When did they arrive in the UK? (This question is regarding the Spouse/Sponsor which will be me. I was in Sri Lanka for a long time and came last year. But still I was born in the UK and a British citizen so I don't know what date to specify here)

Thanks.
Give the date you returned to the UK.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
'Indefinitely'

Give the date you returned to the UK.
Thank a lot. I came back to the UK last November. But I went again to Sri Lanka just for a holiday this May. I will just put the date in last November I arrived to the UK. Hope it's fine.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

scrubbedexpat106 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, my wife and I are looking at starting our application soon but I'm a bit confused about documents being submitted. Obviously we will make the online application and my wife will submit her documents via the vfs in the Philippines. But how and when do I submit my documents? (ie. Finance documents, house deed, house inspection report, etc.)
Will we get a letter or an email asking me to submit my documents via email or post?

In terms of the housing deed, this will be my grandparents deed and they are concerned with sending the original, is just a copy okay? Or should we get a second original to send?
Old Aug 18th 2017, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClarkeS
Hi everyone, my wife and I are looking at starting our application soon but I'm a bit confused about documents being submitted. Obviously we will make the online application and my wife will submit her documents via the vfs in the Philippines. But how and when do I submit my documents? (ie. Finance documents, house deed, house inspection report, etc.)
Will we get a letter or an email asking me to submit my documents via email or post?

In terms of the housing deed, this will be my grandparents deed and they are concerned with sending the original, is just a copy okay? Or should we get a second original to send?
You send all your documents to your wife and she submits them, together with hers in the Philippines.

All documents have to be original and you also include copies of all the documents in your bundle.

The originals will be returned to you.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Myself and my wife have successfully completed the application form and my wife went to the VFS in Sri Lanka yesterday (04th Sep) to give her biometrics and she was told to send all the documents to me and I should post to International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, S3 8NU which was mentioned in the mail we received after submitting the online application.

This document in https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/srilanka...notice-eng.pdf states that I should send self-addressed courier envelope to them along with the supporting documents. Can anyone explain what does that mean? My wife already paid some amount of money for courier service but they didn't mentioned exactly for what it is.

It would be great if someone can explain the correct process to post the documents and what needs to be posted and any other important details.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Tchipy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Myself and my wife have successfully completed the application form and my wife went to the VFS in Sri Lanka yesterday (04th Sep) to give her biometrics and she was told to send all the documents to me and I should post to International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, S3 8NU which was mentioned in the mail we received after submitting the online application.

This document in https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/srilanka...notice-eng.pdf states that I should send self-addressed courier envelope to them along with the supporting documents. Can anyone explain what does that mean? My wife already paid some amount of money for courier service but they didn't mentioned exactly for what it is.

It would be great if someone can explain the correct process to post the documents and what needs to be posted and any other important details.

Thanks.
Self addressed envelope and paid.they do this so that when they verify and scan your original documents they will send them back to you