Spouse visa for those planning to return

Old Jun 20th 2019, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Mr.pastgit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa for those planning to return

So basically, we are thinking to apply for a spouse visa for my wife, however, both of us working in Japan and have no intention of going to the UK at least not for now. My wife is non-EU, and I was wondering if we still need to pay for the NHS surcharges?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 20th 2019, 1:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa for those planning to return

If you don’t want to move to the UK now then don’t apply for a spouse visa until you do.

Your wife will need to pay the IHS - currently £400 pa.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Mr.pastgit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you BritInParis.
I am wondering if we did apply, could we extend for a second time and apply for ILR without physically being in the UK? any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 7:40 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr.pastgit
Thank you BritInParis.
I am wondering if we did apply, could we extend for a second time and apply for ILR without physically being in the UK? any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance.
No, your wife would need to fulfil the residence requirements for ILR which would preclude that idea.