Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa

Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa

Hello all

I am a bit stuck and need some advice.

My spouse visa approved but still waiting for our children visa approval ( To be clear, they are my and my BC by descent husband biological minor children, born after we got married and we have been living together 10+years, so I think this should be straight forward simple case)

It seems unlikely I would be able to land UK within the designated 90 days vignette time frame (with only 70 days left when I collected it) and likely require to renew visa twice to meet the 5 years residency requirement for ILR

1. Can I apply for free vignette replacement , as I got 90 days vignette?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...nts#outside-uk
If your 30 day visa to travel to the UK for work, study or to join family has expired, or is about to expire, you can request a replacement visa with revised validity dates free of charge until the end of this year

2. I have a BN(O) passport, if I switch to BN(O) visa after landing in UK, or before next visa renewal, will the 5 years clock reset and need to count from 0 again, or I can transfer my no of years earn under spouse visa to BN(O) visa?
I just heard that BN(O) has a 5 year visa , so fewer applications, fewer stress.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 12:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa

1. Yes, you can, but it won't extend your end date so if you may miss the five years you need for ILR after two applications.

2. Yes, it will reset.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa

Thank you very much on replying

I hope there's concession made for those few months that I am not able to land to avoid an expensive renewal. But it is what it is I guess.

Thank you