Spouse visa, sponsor requirements

Old Jun 11th 2017, 2:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa, sponsor requirements

Originally Posted by DH70
Thanks everyone for your feedback. On the "1st 4 Immigration" blog they commented....The answer is: there is no specified limit on absences. In other words, there is no minimum number of days, such as “180 per year”. The only rule is that the UK remains your main home and each case has to be assessed on its merit.

And SanDiegogirl refers to "the spirit of the visa".

So based on the answers referring to the sponsor, my wife (sponsor) can visit abroad for as long as she likes, but it's advisable that she isn't out of the country for longer than 6 months. It's a grey area, but anything longer than 6 months could be frowned apon by home office and might require some explaining when we apply for the applicants visa extensions. However, doesn't mean automatic disqualification.
Thanks again all, very helpful!
Correct, but your wife would need to have good reason to absent for more than half the time and simply 'visiting family' isn't necessarily going to cut it. Keep it below six in twelve and your wife won't be jeopardising your status. The quicker you become a British citizen then the sooner you both can come and go as you please.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 8:46 am
Just Joined

DH70 is an unknown quantity at this point

My great grand parents were born over there, however I know it doesn't qualify for an Ancestral visa. Such a quick, cheap visa to get......so close yet so far....

BritInParis, my wife suffers from winter depression, even in South Africa
Old Jun 12th 2017, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

My great grand parents were born over there, however I know it doesn't qualify for an Ancestral visa. Such a quick, cheap visa to get......so close yet so far....

BritInParis, my wife suffers from winter depression, even in South Africa
OH and I go back for that reason, Dec, Jan and Feb and find that it is enough. During Nov it is ok as we are getting ready for our trip and coming back in March we have quite a few sunny mild days. Having those 3 months only helps a lot.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by feelbritish
OH and I go back for that reason, Dec, Jan and Feb and find that it is enough. During Nov it is ok as we are getting ready for our trip and coming back in March we have quite a few sunny mild days. Having those 3 months only helps a lot.
You have kids? What about school? I have friends who come to SA each year Dec/Jan for maximum 1.5 months and pay the school fine. Not sure what impact it has on the kids actual schooling though.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

You have kids? What about school? I have friends who come to SA each year Dec/Jan for maximum 1.5 months and pay the school fine. Not sure what impact it has on the kids actual schooling though.
No we are retired so we can now do it. I waited years for this opportunity!
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:56 am
Just Joined

My wifes job hunting has lead to more questions. The part time positions she's looked at will meet and exceed the visa salary requirements, however the less she works, the more flexibility she has to look after the kids (3, 5 yrs), but that also means less salary.
Can cash savings still be factored in to lower the minimum salary require? According to the formula my wife's cash savings indicates she needs a salary of less than half the 24800 required for 3 dependants.

Also, to qualify for the minimum cash savings which will cut out the need for a job offer, can the applicant transfer funds into the sponsors account, let it lie there for 6 months and then apply for the visa.
Reason I'm asking is that I read somewhere that a generous family member, friend, etc could in the past put funds into the sponsors account and let it lie for six months, but that doesn't fly anymore.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A combination of salaried income and cash savings can be used. Cash savings can be held in either the applicant's name, the sponsor's name or jointly. You have never been able to 'borrow' the money from a family member. They can still gift you the money, but it has to be a gift, not a loan.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Emmajd is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help me with the financial part - I'm getting so stressed my partner is self employed I just need to know what documents he needs to provide I'm struggling with all the stress I don't want to go through a visa agency please someone help me
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmajd
Can anyone help me with the financial part - I'm getting so stressed my partner is self employed I just need to know what documents he needs to provide I'm struggling with all the stress I don't want to go through a visa agency please someone help me
You need to start your own thread..... this one is not about self employment
Old Oct 26th 2018, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

jakfzs77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sirs,

I am new on this page. I wanted to ask about what kind of documents Spencer need for wife spouse extension of visa. I am working as director of the company and I m taking monthly salary from my company and my wife is working as employee in my company. My wife visa extension is due April 2019. Our combine income is more then 18600.

My question is if i resign from director of the company and became employee so dont have to go lots of documents under director.

I need an advise please. thanks
Old Oct 27th 2018, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read the following document carefully regards self employment of limited company and being director and/or employee:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

Even as employee of specific limited company you still have to supply all the documents relevant to this type of company
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jakfzs77
Dear Sirs,

I am new on this page. I wanted to ask about what kind of documents Spencer need for wife spouse extension of visa. I am working as director of the company and I m taking monthly salary from my company and my wife is working as employee in my company. My wife visa extension is due April 2019. Our combine income is more then 18600.

My question is if i resign from director of the company and became employee so dont have to go lots of documents under director.

I need an advise please. thanks
Please do also start your own thread rather than tagging your questions on to the end of an old one - this is over a year old! You'll get far more responses that way.

I'll close this thread now, any other questions, just start your own thread, thx.