Spouse VISA - Self Employment

Old Oct 17th 2017, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

kuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse VISA - Self Employment

Hello All,

I am applying for my spouse settlement visa from Chennai and I am the Director of the Ltd Company in UK and my question is about Ongoing Employment.

With regards to the Last completed Company tax year I didn't do any trading through my ltd company for the whole year and I have been receiving the salary and Dividends and I have met the 18600 threshold to satisfy the financial requirement but my question is still I don't hold a contract or trading through my ltd company would this been an issue if I apply for the settlement visa now becoz I cant prove my ongoing employment or trading happening in my ltd company please advise.

Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Spouse VISA - Self Employment

Are you the applicant or the sponsor?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Hello,

I am the sponsor and I live in UK and self employed and Director of Ltd Company... but as mentioned previously I have no trading for the last completed company tax year but I meet the 18600 through the salary and dividend.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

If your company did not trade for the last company tax year, how are you getting a salary and dividends? Did the company have large cash reserves to cover this? how can you prove your salary will be ongoing?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Yeah I did have some cash at my business account to support the salary and dividend and I am likely to book an visa appointment for my wife in india by this month end but I don't have any contract currently still actively looking for it..

My concern is during my Last completed company tax year we have reported a loss but still I met the 18600 through salary and dividend and I have still a cash reserve of 14000 currently left in my business account.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kuts
Yeah I did have some cash at my business account to support the salary and dividend and I am likely to book an visa appointment for my wife in india by this month end but I don't have any contract currently still actively looking for it..

My concern is during my Last completed company tax year we have reported a loss but still I met the 18600 through salary and dividend and I have still a cash reserve of 14000 currently left in my business account.
For self employment you need a whole raft of documentation showing how the income necessary to fulfill the financial requirements has been met. They need to show the last full financial year.

If you did not trade last year and have no proof of ongoing trading I don't see how you have the necessary financial documents.

You should consult an immigration lawyer or an accountant conversant with immigration rules.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply and basically I did have some fund in my company to run my payroll and dividends.. so during the financial year I did had 12 months payroll running and I have take some dividends during the financial year and I have met the 18600 threshold by salary and Dividend.

But I have reported a loss in company tax year and have reserves left on my business account..

In my case I have 12 months Payslips form April 2016 - March 2017 and corresponding dividends to meet the 18600.

What you mean by raft of documentation showing how the income necessary to fulfill the financial requirements has been met ?

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Read from section 7 as to the documents needed for self employment:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence
Old Oct 19th 2017, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks

But still not clear my question is even though I am not trading but I still receive a salary and dividend through my last financial year since I am the director of my ltd company would that be a problem...
Old Oct 19th 2017, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you cannot supply the documents as set out in the Appendix for self employment, then you cannot apply under this category.

From what you say your company is not a going concern (has not traded in a year), but you had some residual monies left in it to provide you with some "income" and dividends. There is no evidence that this company will provide you with an ongoing income - something very necessary for sponsorship.

For further input into this situation I suggest you consult an accountant or immigration lawyer.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 6:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

But still not clear my question is even though I am not trading but I still receive a salary and dividend through my last financial year since I am the director of my ltd company would that be a problem...
I have no clue about UK visas, but a quick look at the section of the document SDG has directed you to shows that one of the requiremts is proof the company has been trading in the past year?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 20th 2017 at 6:18 am.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys. For the responses.

I did read the section but still I am unsure if that's if trading is mandatory or not is the answer I am looking for...

Anyways thanks for all your support...
Old Oct 20th 2017, 2:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys. For the responses.

I did read the section but still I am unsure if that's if trading is mandatory or not is the answer I am looking for...

Anyways thanks for all your support...
Hi kuts. I think SanDiegogirl's suggestion of consulting a professional is good, you don't want to be wasting all that money on a visa application if it has no chance of being approved. Best of luck.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Buddy will do the same...Thank you
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Spouse Visitor Visa - Self employed

Hello All,

On my previous post I have been concerned about my ongoing trading through my limited company.

But I have now changed my decision to apply for a Visitor visa and can you guys let me know that if I can apply for visitor visa for my spouse for the initial time then after six months I can apply for the settlement visa or not..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.