Does the UKVI always send "documents received" emails?

Old Jul 13th 2018, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

thestraightline is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Does the UKVI always send "documents received" emails?

I recently applied for my spouse visa in Toronto, Canada (biometrics taken on July 5th). They told me that I should not be waiting for an email from UKVI, or any form of "receipt" for my documents.

I have not received anything, so if I go by what they said I should not be concerned... But I have not seen or heard anything about this anywhere else - does anyone have any insights? I know that it's only been 5 business days, but I imagined a parcel wouldn't take that long?

Any insights are more than welcome, thank you in advance!
Old Jul 13th 2018, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does the UKVI always send "documents received" emails?

No, they don't always send confirmation e-mail regarding documents.

How did you send docs to Sheffield? If delivered by some means, did you not arrange for a confirmation of delivery?
Old Jul 13th 2018, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

thestraightline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does the UKVI always send "documents received" emails?

They're mailing the documents via UPS - I asked for tracking, and they refused - "you can't track that package, and they might not email you when they receive it so don't be worried" was what I was told... Paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.

They told me I would only get contacted once my passport is being mailed back to me, and gave me a tracking for that, as I pre-paid for the service. That sounded unusual to me, but that was all they would say.

I thought the whole thing was very odd, but there was no point in arguing as they were quite adamant about it.

Thank you for the reply though! It puts my mind at ease a little bit.

At this point I all I can do is wait until I hit 30 business days since biometrics and at that point enquire/escalate the case if possible.