Spouse Visa self employed application from outside UK

Old Jan 13th 2018, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Homebound Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa self employed application from outside UK

Hello All !

We are wanting to go to the UK permanently and I will need to make a spousal visa application for my Canadian Wife as a Briitsh Citizen.

I am a business owner/self employed with excellent records and earn more than the required amount, I also have a confirmed job offer in the UK, again, more than the required amount.

Question is, can my self employed income be taken into account from outside the UK and then my salaried employment once in the UK for the purposes of the application without the need for savings route ?

P.S. it is in the same industry.

P.P.S. Hoping Brit in Paris and/or San Diego Girl can chime in here, you are both very knowledgeable.

Thanks In Advance !
Old Jan 15th 2018, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa self employed application from outside UK

Yes, you can use self employment income from overseas and then a confirmed job offer in the UK to apply.

Just make sure you have all your self employment documentation. This category requires a LOT of documentation.

Read paragraphs 7 and 8 of the following document:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your clear response.
We have all records for the last 5 years

In another post where I asked the same question, I was directed to a section in fm1.7 regarding financial requirements.

'Where the applicant’s partner is in self-employment overseas and is returning with the
applicant to the UK to work, they may rely on continuing their self-employment in the UK
or on a confirmed offer of employment in the UK in order to meet the financial
requirement. '

In my case, the applicants' partner would be my wife who does not work as I am the sole breadwinner. Would you be able to confirm if my income alone would suffice as long as it was above the required amount?

Sorry to be a pain, but some of these documents are like Algebra to me....and I was crap at that too!

Thanks Again
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:18 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

In your first post you said your wife is Canadian and requires a spouse visa and in your last post you state your wife is the applicant's partner. Are you the applicant or the sponsor? Who holds which passport(s)?
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi BiP,

my first post is correct, but am I not making the application on her behalf, making me the applicant and the sponsor?
or am I getting this all wrong?
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homebound Brit
Hi BiP,

my first post is correct, but am I not making the application on her behalf, making me the applicant and the sponsor?
or am I getting this all wrong?
No, your wife is the applicant, you are the sponsor. Her income cannot be included for the first visa but as she doesn't work it doesn't matter.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the clarification
Old Jan 15th 2018, 5:31 am
Just Joined

benfarwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I will be appreciated if my concerned is answered clear.
I earn a annually income of 40,000 UK pounds with an oil company abroad. My salary is deposited out of UK country. I hold dual citizen Yemeni and British and the Yemeni government. doesn't allow for foreign currency transferred through banks during this war period I usually get my money in cash and declare it while entering UK.
I work in a rotation of 28 off and on duty.
My question is
I want to move my family to UK will this income salary and savings of 80,000 UK pounds in my account in UK be enough.

I have wife and 3 kids all of them are not British. I got my British citizen through my mother by double decent and I cant pass it to my kids.
BritiInparis I would like to here your opinion please.
other experienced opinions are also kindly requested to drop there experience please.

thanks.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, benfarwan,

You may want to start another thread, where other people will be more likely to come across your question and you may have more success.

good luck