British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Spouse visa-savings statement (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/spouse-visa-savings-statement-925579/)

Faraway1234 Jun 8th 2019 8:01 am

Spouse visa-savings statement

Me and my wife applied for a spouse visa on 29th February and biometrics were done on 4th February. We still have not received a decision. (85th working day)
We relied on savings which were more than £62,500. The cash is held in a current account and a savings account in my name only. We provided 6 months statements for the current account from 1st August till 31st January. The current account is also where my salary deposited. This is all fine.
However, i have just realised that there may be a problem with the savings account statement provided. The statement is dated from 1st August till 17th January. This is two weeks short of end of the month. Will this be a issue? If anyone can help, it would me most grateful.
Thanks

BritInParis Jun 9th 2019 10:50 am

Re: Spouse visa-savings statement

Two problems: your bank statements don’t cover the required six month period and your last statement was more than 28 days old when you applied.

Faraway1234 Jun 9th 2019 10:54 am

Thanks for the reply. Sorry i was mean’t to type 29th January. That was the online application date and biometrics on 4th February.

BritInParis Jun 9th 2019 3:07 pm

Then you still have the first issue - providing evidence that you have held the funds for five and a half months rather than six.

Faraway1234 Jun 26th 2019 7:31 pm

Re: Spouse visa refused-employee of ltd company

Hi,
My wife's spouse visa was refused as i did not provide documents under paragraph 9b. My parents are directors of a Ltd company i work for. Also the ECO said my employment was not genuine as there was differences in the answers regarding my employment, in the interview. I believe this was not the case and i can provide them the documents they ask for.

Can i submit new documents as part of my appeal? I had these documents on the date of application.

Also, do the home office review the application before going to court? If so, how long does it take and will they notify me of the review decision?
Hope someone can help. Thanks.

OSJG Jun 30th 2019 12:02 am

I hear an appeal only succeeds if you have included everything at the time of submitting the application. If the omission came from you an appeal is less likely to be successful. In such cases a fresh application is advised

SanDiegogirl Jun 30th 2019 12:11 am

Re: Spouse visa refused-employee of ltd company

Presuming you applied as a standard employee and not as employee of Limited specified company , then you have been rightly refused.

The ECO could have requested additional documents, if they would have made a substantial difference to your application; the fact you were not asked for them, together with the doubt as to it being genuine employment (parents employing their offspring is always a red flag) leads one to believe that an appeal would not be successful.

An appeal would take the best part of a year.

https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal

Faraway1234 Jun 30th 2019 7:44 am

The documents under paragraph 9b were in possession of my employer at the time of applying. They were not created after. I did not know that they were part of the requirements. Is this ok?
Also to prove my employment is genuine, i will wrote a detailed explantation of my job role. The difference in the interview answers regarding my job role made them think my job is non-genuine.

BritInParis Jul 2nd 2019 8:16 am

Your best course of action would be to reapply and address the issues raised in the refusal notice.

Faraway1234 Jul 2nd 2019 8:31 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12705415)
Your best course of action would be to reapply and address the issues raised in the refusal notice.

They claim my employment is non genuine so how can i reapply.
I also have savings of above £62,500 for at least six months. My salary is paid into the account which i’ll show. If i just apply through savings will the ECO loom at my previous application and bring my employment back on question?
I showed these savings in this application as well which was refused.

christmasoompa Jul 2nd 2019 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Faraway1234 (Post 12705420)

They claim my employment is non genuine so how can i reapply.
I also have savings of above £62,500 for at least six months. My salary is paid into the account which i’ll show. If i just apply through savings will the ECO loom at my previous application and bring my employment back on question?
I showed these savings in this application as well which was refused.

Your employment won't be relevant if you apply under the savings category - just as the savings weren't relevant when you applied using your employment. You need to choose which category to apply under and provide all the required evidence for it, if you have the requisite amount of savings then that seems the simplest option to me.

Faraway1234 Jul 2nd 2019 8:48 am

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...fe8ccd969.jpeg
Refusal letter. It says they cannot be satisfied by savings. Will they look at employment from this application?

christmasoompa Jul 2nd 2019 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Faraway1234 (Post 12705426)

Refusal letter. It says they cannot be satisfied by savings. Will they look at employment from this application?

Apologies, I thought you'd applied using employment this time. That's not good then, having that amount of savings from employment is very impressive, but if they're not convinced it's from genuine employment then I think it may be time to consult a lawyer and see how you can overcome this. Unless BiP has any pearls of wisdom to chuck your way, that's what I would do.

BritInParis Jul 2nd 2019 10:25 am

If you have savings of £62,500 then why mention your employment at all? What category did you apply under?

Faraway1234 Jul 2nd 2019 10:39 am

The solicitor who applied for us did not advise us properly. We applied under Cat A and D. After the refusal i have realised that savings and income cannot be combined if im working for a specified limited company. Also i should have applied under Cat F and G.
I should have just applied under Cat D.