Spouse visa-savings statement

Old Jul 2nd 2019, 12:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa-savings statement

Originally Posted by Faraway1234
The solicitor who applied for us did not advise us properly. We applied under Cat A and D. After the refusal i have realised that savings and income cannot be combined if im working for a specified limited company. Also i should have applied under Cat F and G.
I should have just applied under Cat D.
Yep, except now the source of your savings has been called into question. Unfortunately yours is a classic example of paying a solicitor to screw up a perfectly simple application.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Faraway1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive spoken to a reputable solicitor who has advised me to appeal the allegation that my employment is not genuine. She has said applying again on savings will result in a refusal due to the employment not being genuine. She said the judge knows the law and i have not done anything wrong. This will result in the judge granting my wife her visa. She also added my wife will be granted her visa under the 10 year route.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 2:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Ive spoken to a reputable solicitor who has advised me to appeal the allegation that my employment is not genuine. She has said applying again on savings will result in a refusal due to the employment not being genuine. She said the judge knows the law and i have not done anything wrong. This will result in the judge granting my wife her visa. She also added my wife will be granted her visa under the 10 year route.
Sounds like she wants to take you for a ride for the next ten years.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

The best option i think is to reply under Cat D and also to provide detailed information regarding my employment and job role. I will also provide documents under para 9. I will strongly state in the application that i am applying under savings and the reason for the extra documents is due the previous refusal.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The best option i think is to reply under Cat D and also to provide detailed information regarding my employment and job role. I will also provide documents under para 9. I will strongly state in the application that i am applying under savings and the reason for the extra documents is due the previous refusal.
NO,,,, if re-applying under Savings only, you do NOT send documents relating to your employment. This is not necessary, You DO have to show how you obtained the savings.
Your application has to show clearly that you are applying under savings route only.

If the savings are a gift from your parents then they have to provide a letter stating as such. If the savings are actually savings from employment then you show bank statements to show their build up.

Note: Your new solicitor is also giving you bad advice There is NO 10 year route for initial entry visa..... you either qualify or you don't. If you don't qualify under financial requirements you are refused.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
NO,,,, if re-applying under Savings only, you do NOT send documents relating to your employment. This is not necessary, You DO have to show how you obtained the savings.
Your application has to show clearly that you are applying under savings route only.

If the savings are a gift from your parents then they have to provide a letter stating as such. If the savings are actually savings from employment then you show bank statements to show their build up.

Note: Your new solicitor is also giving you bad advice There is NO 10 year route for initial entry visa..... you either qualify or you don't. If you don't qualify under financial requirements you are refused.
I understand what you are saying but my employment has been claimed to be non-genuine. So i think i’ll need to prove its genuine even though i’ll be applying on savings.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

The solicitor said that when successful, the judge only grants visa under the 10 year route.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The solicitor said that when successful, the judge only grants visa under the 10 year route.

Never heard of this for initial entry applications........
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I understand what you are saying but my employment has been claimed to be non-genuine. So i think i’ll need to prove its genuine even though i’ll be applying on savings.

If you are applying using savings only (ie. you have 62,500 GBP in hand) you do not have to show any employment..... you could be unemployed now and unemployed when your wife arrives.
I understand you are trying to prove your employment is genuine, but, personally, I think you are only digging a bigger hole for yourself.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 6:00 am
Just Joined

My salary is paid into one of the accounts which i’ll be showing as savings. This is why im thinking to prove that my employment is genuine.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sounds like she wants to take you for a ride for the next ten years.
What makes you say this? When an appeal is successful is the visa given under the 5 or 10 year route?
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 11:45 am

What makes you say this? When an appeal is successful is the visa given under the 5 or 10 year route?
If you applied under the five year route then a successful appeal based on the premise that you do in fact meet the financial requirements would see you granted a spouse visa under the five year route.

Take SanDiegogirl’s advice.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you applied under the five year route then a successful appeal based on the premise that you do in fact meet the financial requirements would see you granted a spouse visa under the five year route.

Take SanDiegogirl’s advice.
Thats what I originally thought.

If you look at the refusal letter it says “As I am satisfied this employment is non-genuine(see above), I cannot be satisfied by the source of your sponsor cash saving funds”.

This is why im thinking to prove my employment is genuine and the salary which makes up half of my savings is from a genuine source.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 12:05 pm

Thats what I originally thought.

If you look at the refusal letter it says “As I am satisfied this employment is non-genuine(see above), I cannot be satisfied by the source of your sponsor cash saving funds”.

This is why im thinking to prove my employment is genuine and the salary which makes up half of my savings is from a genuine source.
You’ve really made a rod for your own back by mentioning your employment at all but there’s nothing you can do now to change that. I would reapply using cash savings and declare the source on your Appendix 2 as that is all you are required to do. If your ECO wants more information then they can request it.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How are you going to show the source of your savings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.