Spouse Visa (Savings route + Salaried employment in UK)

Old Feb 24th 2019, 5:04 am
Just Joined

xiuwoon21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa (Savings route + Salaried employment in UK)

Hi all,

Hope you all are well. I am from Malaysia and my husband is british. I am applying for spouse visa but we are confuse with the financial requirement.

My husband just move to a new job on January 2019 with £24k annual salary.
His previous job that last for more than one year is with £18.06.
He got savings in his bank £24k

So we are not sure with the combine of new job £24k and £18.06 is it enough to meet the requirement? (and how should we count?
Or we need to combine with the savings?

Based on the above situation, are we meeting the financial requirement for £18.6k?

If we are meeting the financial requirement, how should i answer this question from appendix 2? "What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application?"

Hopefully anyone can help it out here. Thank you so much.

Old Feb 24th 2019, 9:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa (Savings route + Salaried employment in UK)

Is your husband working in the UK? To confirm, his previous salary was £18,060 pa and since January he has been earning £24,000 pa? When are you planning to apply?
Old Feb 25th 2019, 1:00 am
Just Joined

xiuwoon21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa (Savings route + Salaried employment in UK)

Hi BritInParis,

Thank you for reply! My husband is currently working in the UK and he also a british.
Yes, his previous salary was £18,060 and he start earning £24,000 pa since January 2019.
I am applying in this few days. I understand that the requirement was £18.6k, so i am trying to use savings and salaried employment to meet the financial requirement, will that be ok ?

Thank you so much.