Spouse Visa - Savings Question

Old Jul 8th 2022, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

steve0084 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - Savings Question

My wife will be applying for a spouse visa sometime in around 6 months and we'll be using savings alone. The savings are in an account in my name, but with a different bank than my main bank account. The problem is that half the savings are in a simple savings account that I have access to but the other half is in a cash ISA. The savings in the cash ISA are not accessible to me at the moment and won't be until this September when I'll be able to move them.
My question is if I would be able to apply in October or November (assuming the savings have been held for at least 6 months) or would I have to wait for 6 months after September so that I will have had full access to the cash savings for 6 months? It's a bit of a mess and and I assume that savings in an account without full access wouldn't be accepted.