Spouse visa to return UK

Old Aug 26th 2016, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Huong alexander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa to return UK

Hi everyone,

I have just read the immigration forms and am confused by the information and regulations.

I am currently living in Vietnam with my wife of five years and her daughter. I am British and retired early from England ten years ago. But now wish to return to England as a family. I will be offered a job in December at a salary of around £18,000 including an unsociable hours payment. The job will be full time and contracted as such.
My problem and question is that under the current immigration rules I need £22,400 income for my wife and daughter. I am receiving an annual income of £2,184 from my pension paynebts,which will bring my annual income total to £20,184. Will l need to use my wife's savings of aroubd £25,000 to cover the financial requirements? Also do let need to go to England and work for six months to get six months wage slips, or just three months with the contract, or will the contract of employment be enough evidence of earnings. If the contract of employment is enough evidence. When can my wife put in her application, as the processing can take 3months plus?

I thank you in advance for all your help in this matter and eagerly await your replies. Have a good day everyone.

Yours truly and hopefully,
John and Huong.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa to return UK

Read the following document carefully to see how you can qualify using income, savings, pensions to make up the financial requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

If you are not currently earning 22,400GBP, then you will have to return to the UK and work in your job for 6 months before being able to apply for the visa for wife and child.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi to those who sent me answers to my questions. But like am retired from work and do not work in Vietnam. I have been in Vietnam for almost nine years and married my Vietnamese wife 5 years ago.
So i gather that by what you said, if l have a job offer in December at a salary of £22,400 pa which includes my pension. Do l still need to provide six months proof of earnings, or would my contract of full time employment and my wife's savings be enough to allow my wife and her daughter to come to England with at the same time left return to England, or do let have to wait for three months or six months before my wife can apply to go to England and join me. I will have suitable accommodation for my family.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As said above, as you do not currently work, and you are applying using your prospective employment to meet the financial requirements, you will have to work at your new job for 6 months before being able to apply for the visa.

At the end of the 6 months you must provide payslips, bank account statements etc to prove you have earned the minimum financial requirements. Just having an employment contract is not sufficient.

You wife cannot enter the UK until you have worked for 6 months and have obtained the visa for her.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 27th 2016 at 5:11 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Huong alexander

I am currently living in Vietnam with my wife of five years and her daughter.
John

If you are not the biological father of your wife's daughter, then you will to have official custody or a court order to enable you to take the daughter to the UK.

Please see rule 297 in the link below -

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...family-members

Having 'sole responsibility for the child's upbringing' is an important point you need to note.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 8:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Huong alexander
Hi to those who sent me answers to my questions. But like am retired from work and do not work in Vietnam. I have been in Vietnam for almost nine years and married my Vietnamese wife 5 years ago.
So i gather that by what you said, if l have a job offer in December at a salary of £22,400 pa which includes my pension. Do l still need to provide six months proof of earnings, or would my contract of full time employment and my wife's savings be enough to allow my wife and her daughter to come to England with at the same time left return to England, or do let have to wait for three months or six months before my wife can apply to go to England and join me. I will have suitable accommodation for my family.
The Immigration rules of 2012 caught many people out, as they are far more stringent than previously. Wishing you all the best for the future.
Old Aug 29th 2016, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all the valuable advice. I may as things progress be asking for more advice. With regards my wife's daughter, l will obtain permission to bring her to England from her biological father, who has not supported her since birth. The letter of permission will be stamped by the police and immigration here in Vietnam and will be legalised and translated into English, which will also be stamped and legalised, divorce certificates will be presented as evidence. Again thank you for your kind help and for your time.n
Old Aug 29th 2016, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The Immigration rules of 2012 caught many people out, as they are far more stringent than previously. Wishing you all the best for the future.
If the OP feels that he could not meet the Home Office's financial requirement for spouse visa, he can consider moving to another European country. As a British Citizen, he can apply for EEA family permits for his wife and her child and all he needs to do is to exercise treaty right in that EEA country.

As the OP is retired, he can exercise EEA treaty rights as a self-sufficient person. Please note that British Citizen cannot exercise EEA treaty rights in the United Kingdom.

Given that there are a large number of people from Vietnam in France, maybe the OP wants to look into moving to France.