Spouse visa renewal - FLR(M)

Old Apr 30th 2022, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

timdavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa renewal - FLR(M)

Back in this forum for the first time since we had lots of trouble with the initial application in 2019 (thanks to those who helped, if any of you are still here!).

We now live in the UK and will be submitting my wife's renewal this summer (BRP expires on 25th of July). We're expecting a baby later in the summer, so were planning on traveling in June/July while she can fly (trying to make up for not seeing friends/family over the last years)
Will submitting the renewal in mid-July be ok, and does it matter if the renewal/approval doesn't come back by the time her BRP expires? We'd like to avoid the priority service if needed.

Also, this sounds silly but is it really just an online system now? The original submission involved so much printing and mailing a ream of paper, so keeping it all online seems to efficient.

Thanks!
Old May 1st 2022, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

mavaas11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa renewal - FLR(M)

Hi,

I am also doing my FLR(M) next year. Mid-July is fine, time it right, so as to apply online before the BRP expires. And all the evidence should be dated on or before the date you submit the online application.

Everything is Online, did it 1.5 years ago for entry clearance. You submit online application, there video walkthroughs on YouTube. You then book biometrics and then upload everything online 6mb file size limit. No need to send anything, expect take your passport and supporting evidence printed out to the biometrics appointment, in case there's a issue with your uploaded docs online for UKVCAS biometric appointment, where they'll scan if needed to be safe.

It doesn't matter if the approval doesn't come even after the BRP expires. What does matter is you don't submit the online application, after the date you're current BRP expires.

Non-priority seems a good idea, hopefully applying nearer the end date of mid-July, would also maximise your ILR application window.

Thats my 2 cents.
Old May 1st 2022, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

timdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok cheers - so it sounds like doing it a few weeks before the deadline in case there are any technical issues (or you realise there is a piece of evidence missing!) is sensible. The biometrics appointment can be after the after the BRP expires?

For evidence dated before the deadline, you mean things like bank statements/tax bills?

I hadn't seen those YouTube videos, so will def check them out!
Old May 1st 2022, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

We did my wife's ILR last May, but same procedure - we uploaded everything, we just had her passport and BRP at the biometrics appointment, nothing else asked for although I had hard copies in the car with me!!

Word of warning - do b/w scans of everything, colour takes too much space. I didn't realise this and ended up having to rescan everything for the upload !!!! But it is a huge improvement over the old system of making copies, sorting into bundles, sending by post.
Old May 1st 2022, 9:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So long as you submit the online application by 25 July then everything else - including the biometrics - can be done after this date. If you won’t be travelling for the foreseeable future due to the arrival of the baby then consider standard processing to save money.
Old May 1st 2022, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

mavaas11 is an unknown quantity at this point

The videos are by 'Ruksana Ahmed' on YouTube. I wouldn't leave it too late, make sure you have everything in place. the financial docs like bank statements, payslips definitely need to be within 28 days before the application date.