Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Refused - Home Office Error - Payslips Not Submitted

Spouse Visa Refused - Home Office Error - Payslips Not Submitted

Old Oct 16th 2018, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Highfigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Refused - Home Office Error - Payslips Not Submitted

Devastated today as we have had our spouse visa application refused on the grounds that I did not supply ALL the required payslips.

I DID SUPPLY THE PAYSLIPS!

According to the refusal letter, the payslips which they do have seem to be a random few from the total I sent - and as far as I can see, they fulfil all the requirements ie signed by HQ and demonstrate that I’m earning WAY more than £18,600.

They were submitted in Mexico by my wife.

Clearly they have been overlooked or lost by whoever was processing the application.

has anyone had this happen?

My head is a bit of a mess at the moment and I really need some support and guidance as to what to do.

anyone???

Cheers
Old Oct 16th 2018, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Refused - Home Office Error - Payslips Not Submitted

Yes, it has happened before, especially if the documents have been scanned.
How did your send your documents to Sheffield? What documents have been returned to you during the process.

The poster in the thread below had the same problem. Read through his experience and the ways to complain

Spouse Visa Rejected but All Documents Provided
Old Oct 16th 2018, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Hey thanks for your reply.

I read the other thread, very interesting and a great result. I think the scanning process is definitely causing problems.

just found out today so my wife is going to collect the documents from the VAC in Mexico as soon as she can.

She will make sure that she has someone there to witness that all the documents are there.

i think they go from Mexico to Bogota and get scanned from Bogota to Sheffield.

I literally sat with our solicitor and placed all the documents in to the right order and even waited an extra couple of weeks to get the very latest payslip so there was no doubt of it being outside the required timeframe.

My wife then sat with the clerk in the VAC in Mexico and watched her place all the documents in to a sealed bag.

There’s no way those payslips didn’t go in.

Ill wait to to see what is returned. As far as I can gather it’s an open and shut case and if I can get it turned around as quick as the other poster did then that’d be amazing!

Cheers
Old Oct 16th 2018, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know you can get the digital file showing what was scanned over.

Considering your documents left Mexico, went to Bogota and then were scanned I'm not surprised some documents did not make it.
Old Oct 20th 2018, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Abhinay_Singhal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

i just want to share my experience with everyone whos is going through a spouse visa application with the UKVI. I understand how frustrating and annoying this can be as I have recently gone through the procedure for my wife in (India) .

So, after contemplating I submitted a priority application. I did a lot of research on this and from personal experience I will always suggest a priority application if you can afford it.
So, do not expect emails from UKVI as they can be delayed and it doesn't make sense sometimes.

So, we waited around 30 working days until we received a text to confirm a decision was made. I was 99% confident that my wife's visa will be approved as all my documentation was near enough perfect. But... ey SURPRISE SURPRISE IT WAS REFUSED!!!!! Reason - not providing them with all the payslips (I CLEARLY HAD, as the documents i received back from UKVI had ALL my payslips). Again after a lot of research I gathered UKVI's clerical staff are quite incompetent and refuse a lot of applications as they don't really photocopy everything (on purpose or not, no one knows).

Obviously we got even more stressed but i didn't want to give up. A lot of people said either APPEAL and be prepared to wait 6 - 12 MONTHS or just a new application (which is not fair as ALOT of money and again another 2-3 months)

SO, I LOOKED AT ALL POSSIBILITIES TO GET TO UKVI AND GET THIS REFUSAL EITHER RECONSIDER OR OVERTURNED AND BELEIVE ME ITS NOT EASY BUT WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY!

So, FIRSTLY I complaint to my local MP who then emailed UKVI requesting a reconsideration. SECONDLY, I emailed them (costs around £5 through gov.uk website). THIRDLY I complaint to them, [email protected]. FOURTH, I sent an email to Data Protection Officer on [email protected]. FIFTH I emailed every single department related to UKVI and home office (Told you it wasn't easy).

Then, I waited 2 weeks. No response. Third week i received an email from Visa.Sheffo telling me they can't RECONSIDER as according to their system they didn't have all my payslips. Same day, I received email from complaints saying can't discuss my wife's application with me due to gdpr regulations. Also, received an email from dpo.

So, I replied to first email to Visa.Sheffo pleading them to understand the situation and we did everything possible. Also, without them even asking for it, I attached all my payslips and financial documents and sent it. I did the same with complaints department and attached my wife's consent for me to be authorised. A couple days later I received an email from Sheffo and complaint. Sheffo telling me they have overturned my wife's visa and complaint saying as it's been resolved they will be closing my complaint.

FROM THE INITIAL REFUSAL IT TOOK US ONLY 3 WEEKS TO GET A VISA. I SAY ONLY 3 WEEKS BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE WITHOUT TRYING ENOUGH JUST APPEAL AND WAIT MONTHS. SO, PLEASE IF YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE CORRECT, DON'T GIVE UP!!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME, I WANT TO HELP AS MUCH AS I CAN HENCE WHY I HAVE WRITTEN THIS LENGTHY POST.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Old Oct 26th 2018, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Abhinay_Singhal
Hi,

i just want to share my experience with everyone whos is going through a spouse visa application with the UKVI. I understand how frustrating and annoying this can be as I have recently gone through the procedure for my wife in (India) .

So, after contemplating I submitted a priority application. I did a lot of research on this and from personal experience I will always suggest a priority application if you can afford it.
So, do not expect emails from UKVI as they can be delayed and it doesn't make sense sometimes.

So, we waited around 30 working days until we received a text to confirm a decision was made. I was 99% confident that my wife's visa will be approved as all my documentation was near enough perfect. But... ey SURPRISE SURPRISE IT WAS REFUSED!!!!! Reason - not providing them with all the payslips (I CLEARLY HAD, as the documents i received back from UKVI had ALL my payslips). Again after a lot of research I gathered UKVI's clerical staff are quite incompetent and refuse a lot of applications as they don't really photocopy everything (on purpose or not, no one knows).

Obviously we got even more stressed but i didn't want to give up. A lot of people said either APPEAL and be prepared to wait 6 - 12 MONTHS or just a new application (which is not fair as ALOT of money and again another 2-3 months)

SO, I LOOKED AT ALL POSSIBILITIES TO GET TO UKVI AND GET THIS REFUSAL EITHER RECONSIDER OR OVERTURNED AND BELEIVE ME ITS NOT EASY BUT WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY!

So, FIRSTLY I complaint to my local MP who then emailed UKVI requesting a reconsideration. SECONDLY, I emailed them (costs around £5 through gov.uk website). THIRDLY I complaint to them, [email protected]. FOURTH, I sent an email to Data Protection Officer on [email protected]. FIFTH I emailed every single department related to UKVI and home office (Told you it wasn't easy).

Then, I waited 2 weeks. No response. Third week i received an email from Visa.Sheffo telling me they can't RECONSIDER as according to their system they didn't have all my payslips. Same day, I received email from complaints saying can't discuss my wife's application with me due to gdpr regulations. Also, received an email from dpo.

So, I replied to first email to Visa.Sheffo pleading them to understand the situation and we did everything possible. Also, without them even asking for it, I attached all my payslips and financial documents and sent it. I did the same with complaints department and attached my wife's consent for me to be authorised. A couple days later I received an email from Sheffo and complaint. Sheffo telling me they have overturned my wife's visa and complaint saying as it's been resolved they will be closing my complaint.

FROM THE INITIAL REFUSAL IT TOOK US ONLY 3 WEEKS TO GET A VISA. I SAY ONLY 3 WEEKS BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE WITHOUT TRYING ENOUGH JUST APPEAL AND WAIT MONTHS. SO, PLEASE IF YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE CORRECT, DON'T GIVE UP!!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME, I WANT TO HELP AS MUCH AS I CAN HENCE WHY I HAVE WRITTEN THIS LENGTHY POST.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
hey thanks for sharing and so glad it worked out for you.

i have now done everything you did except the complaints channel.

My wife, my MP and my solicitor have all responded to the HO with my payslips and bank statements attached.

Also its interesting to note that they initially said no again but turned around after further pressing from you.

we have submitted an appeal too.

i think it’s totally wrong that people are reapplying as it skews the statistics and doesn’t highlight the sheer volume of erroneous decisions made!

cheers
Old Nov 16th 2018, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Great news!

Decision was overturned on 1st Nov by email just stating:

“The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office will now proceed to the next stage of your application. To complete this process we require you to undertake the following steps:

1. Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed”

No apology and no admission of fault of course.

However 15 days later and we are still waiting for a link to repay the IHS despite sending numerous requests and re engaging our Solicitor and MP.

And guess what - my wife collected everything from Mexico EVERYTHING! Including ALL MY PAYSLIPS so obviously they hadn’t scanned them.

😡😡😡

not entirley sure we’ll be together by Christmas 😭
Old Nov 16th 2018, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Btw, we’ve tried paying in the IHS we site but keep getting this message:

“You don’t need to continue. You need to pay the IHS in your visa application if you’re applying from outside the UK”

We have to wait for a link to pay it.
Old Nov 23rd 2018, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Sabah aqeel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Hi everyone. We have recently applied for my hubby (spouse settlement visa) using the PIORTY service.

Online application: 07.11.18
Biometrics appointment: 13.11.18 at islambad- pakistan.
Sms sent to hubby: 13.11.18 that they've sent the application to ukvi.
Supporting docs sent to sheffield: my solicior sent these so unsure what date he sent them.
Email received by HO: that they have all my documents and it is currently with an Entry clearance officer on the 20.11.18
Sponsor contacted: if applicable (not contacted as of yet...)
Employer contacted: not contacted as of yet.

Also if anyone's been contacted what kind of questions do they ask you?

As I've used the PIORTY service when should i be looking to hear for a reply... as its 30 working days but im unsure how to work out their working days, also i am AWARE of that it may take longer for a decision, I hope we won't have to wait to long. Can someone tell me a date according to the 30 working days from the biometrics date as thats when you start counting the days..? Thank you in advance. I hope everyone awaiting for a decision has a positive outcome

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A ROUGH TIMELINE DUE TO WHEN I MAY GET A REPLY AS I APPLIED USING PIORTY...

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 24th 2018 at 4:48 pm. Reason: English only please
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

When I put my documents together in order to send, I numbered the originals with a pencil in the top right corner for reference so any copies or scan could easily be checked that they were all together and would be easy to find what was missing.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

REDRAY1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Hello Ahinay Singhal
can you please tell me which email address to sheffield?
Old Dec 27th 2018, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

uddin0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Spouse refused..please help

i need your help, my wife spouse visa been refused after waiting 3 months. shes in tears. this was our secound application.

i applied using 2 jobs and savings.

in my 2nd job they said they only got 3 months, payslips, april, may and july 2018..Thats not true. I PROVIDED PAYSLIP FROM APRIL TO SEPT. I have proof i sent 6 months. I got all 6 months payslips back from the homeoffice when i sent it to them.

also they said i didnt meet the financial requirement using the 2 jobs..but they didnt count my savings?

my solicitor advised me to appeal..but it can take upto 12 months. what should i do? thanks
Old Dec 27th 2018, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by uddin0

i need your help, my wife spouse visa been refused after waiting 3 months. shes in tears. this was our secound application.

i applied using 2 jobs and savings.

in my 2nd job they said they only got 3 months, payslips, april, may and july 2018..Thats not true. I PROVIDED PAYSLIP FROM APRIL TO SEPT. I have proof i sent 6 months. I got all 6 months payslips back from the homeoffice when i sent it to them.

also they said i didnt meet the financial requirement using the 2 jobs..but they didnt count my savings?

my solicitor advised me to appeal..but it can take upto 12 months. what should i do? thanks
If you have proof that you sent in 6 payslips then complain that a mistake has been made. Get your solicitor to write the letter.
Why would they have not counted your savings if you used income and savings to qualify?
Scan in the refusal letter with wording of the refusals.
Old Dec 27th 2018, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

uddin0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you have proof that you sent in 6 payslips then complain that a mistake has been made. Get your solicitor to write the letter.
Why would they have not counted your savings if you used income and savings to qualify?
Scan in the refusal letter with wording of the refusals.
Please help..what should i do. yes i have proof i have 6 month payslip.

you have provided payslips for april, may and july 2018 from your sponsors employment with XXX and therefore do not meet the requirement as above.
Furthermore, the employment letters from Job 1 and Job 2 show your sponsors annual income is £9771 and £8143. I am not satisfied that this employment shows you meet the £18600 threshold.
Old Dec 27th 2018, 5:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uddin0
Please help..what should i do. yes i have proof i have 6 month payslip.

you have provided payslips for april, may and july 2018 from your sponsors employment with XXX and therefore do not meet the requirement as above.
Furthermore, the employment letters from Job 1 and Job 2 show your sponsors annual income is £9771 and £8143. I am not satisfied that this employment shows you meet the £18600 threshold.
SanDiegoGirl has told you what to do. Read her post again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.