Spouse Visa refused; no p60

Old Jan 10th 2015, 9:48 am
Just Joined

myspouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa refused; no p60

Hi guys..

I'm in disbelief right now. My wife and child settlement visa applications were refused over a p60. The ECO basically says because a p60 was not submitted then the financial requirements are not met.
The application was made under Category B hence payslips and bank statements covering the last 12 months prior to the date of applications were submitted. And my payslips over the last 12 months amount to £25110 and a letter of employment states that my annual gross income including night-shift premium and weekend working is approximately £24300 and my contract of employment was also there.

I was of the opinion that a p60 is not a requirement and learnt on the day the documents had to be submitted to the Visa centre in South Africa that if you have a p60 you can submit it. But we never thought the applications could be refused only on that basis.

Now is this refusal justified; or, is the absence of a p60 a refusal ground??

PLEASE HELP ME, GUYS...
Old Jan 10th 2015, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa refused; no p60

What does the refusal letter actually say? - scan in the refusal notes.

Not having a P60 should not lead to a refusal, which leads me to believe that there is another reason?
Old Jan 11th 2015, 3:16 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Bollocks that is... they cannot refuse if you didn't submit a P60... it's irrelevant,

Seems to me the visa officer doesn't have a clue... and they are screwing with people's lifes....
Old Jan 11th 2015, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Can you remind us what a p60 is?
Old Jan 11th 2015, 8:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What does the refusal letter actually say? - scan in the refusal notes.

Not having a P60 should not lead to a refusal, which leads me to believe that there is another reason?
I would be inclined to agree. If not then the OP should look to appeal the refusal.

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Can you remind us what a p60 is?
It's the statement you receive from HMRC under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system at the end of each tax year stating how you have earnt and how much tax and National Insurance you have paid.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

It's the statement you receive from HMRC under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system at the end of each tax year stating how you have earnt and how much tax and National Insurance you have paid.
Thanks, BritInParis.