Will they ask for a DNA test from my husband.

Old Nov 5th 2017, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Sweetynads is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will they ask for a DNA test from my husband.

Hi, hope someone can help and clear few things.
I will be having my baby in Pakistan and once baby is born I will apply for the passport.
I am a British citizen by birth and my husband is british as he got Nationality 13 years ago. I read that the British embassy may ask for DNA test why is this and how likely and how long will the prossess take for passport.many thanks in advance for advice.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will they ask for a DNA test from my husband.

There is a possibility, yes. In any case your child's passport application is likely to take a long time to process, six to twelve months, if you give birth in Pakistan. If you have the option to give birth in the UK then I would do so.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Sweetynads is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There is a possibility, yes. In any case your child's passport application is likely to take a long time to process, six to twelve months, if you give birth in Pakistan. If you have the option to give birth in the UK then I would do so.
Could we do the DNA test and get the results and give in with all paper work to save bit of time.as I know they may ask for it after few months..so is it not best we just do it and give in the report with all documents with the doctors letter that I have with me.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 10:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's best to do it when asked for.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Pkuk1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The more relevant documents you provide with the application, less likely it shall be for them to ask for DNA.

My suggestion would be to please keep record of all your antenatal documents, as they ask for them. They will see the originals and expect colour copies of all supporting documents submitted with the application.